What happened to the glowing names?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to the glowing names??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Says I've already got one (I did) at the store. Was a very nice touch.

Ok. I see that it's a Netscape issue.

When will you people learn that AOL and Netscape are crap???!!! :fire:

LMAO... jk

AOL?? NO!!! :lol:

As for Netscape......it beats the crap out of IE. I'll never go back.

Originally posted by Muck
As for Netscape......it beats the crap out of IE. I'll never go back.

I wish you the best Dude... I used to say the same thing... about 6 years ago...

but alas... it's a Microsoft world ....

I can't stand Netscape. I think I have a kick @$$ design going for the site... and then remember... Netscape. It always seems that Netscape screws up any good design. I've always cared that the site looked good in all browsers; however, after getting frustrated so many times... I now just make sure it's useable in any browser, I really don't care about looks. In addition, over 95% of all my hits come from Internet Explorer or AOL.

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
I can't stand Netscape. I think I have a kick @$$ design going for the site... and then remember... Netscape. It always seems that Netscape screws up any good design. I've always cared that the site looked good in all browsers; however, after getting frustrated so many times... I now just make sure it's useable in any browser, I really don't care about looks. In addition, over 95% of all my hits come from Internet Explorer or AOL.

That's true everywhere AJ ... Netscape has frustrated the work of many, many web designers... to the point where some would create an opening "splash" page directing the visitor to click on link "A" if using IE .. or link "B" if using Netscape... then along came Java, which allowed them to get fancy, and have the page itself determine the browser, and direct the visitor to the appropriately designed page....

Whew ... a lot of work to do all that, just because the two handle commands so differently....

Originally posted by WharfRat
That's true everywhere AJ ... Netscape has frustrated the work of many, many web designers... to the point where some would create an opening "splash" page directing the visitor to click on link "A" if using IE .. or link "B" if using Netscape... then along came Java, which allowed them to get fancy, and have the page itself determine the browser, and direct the visitor to the appropriately designed page....

Whew ... a lot of work to do all that, just because the two handle commands so differently....

I am very impressed Wharf !!! ;) Now can you explain the theory of relativity ??? :confused: j/k :rolleyes: :D Marino1983

Originally posted by WharfRat
I wish you the best Dude... I used to say the same thing... about 6 years ago...

Well, that was 6 years ago. I used Netscape back then. And then I used only IE for years thereafter. And I love the control, security and features I have with the new Netscape. IE just can't compete. It's not that I hate Microsoft or IE. I just like a superior product. Just the pop-up blocker alone would make me switch.

The design side of things doesn't concern me. I'm not a designer. I'm a surfer.

As for the percentage of hits......you think that IE being integrated and Netscape being frozen out by Microsoft had/has anything to do with it?? It's not a matter of choice. It's simply a matter of most end users not knowing anything different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom