What if you allow "your members" to vote on what is and what is NOT offensive? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if you allow "your members" to vote on what is and what is NOT offensive?

tehMick

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just read the Avatar thread and i personally didnt find nephinsfan avatar offensive at all.
And, from the looks of the replies in that thread, not too many of us did.
So, here is my suggestion:
When someone complains about something like a signature and/or an avatar you present it to us "your members" and allow us to vote on whether or not it is offensive.
You know, like a poll or something.
Keep it open for at least 24 hours and if the majority of us find it offensive by all means remove it.
In fact, i'll do you one better, if only 5% of us find it offensive remove it.
I know this is probably too demorcatic for some of you but its something to think about.

Sadly, youre right Harmon.
Woah, did those words just come out of my mouth?
:nono:

I agree.

"Just get over it" is right, but really...it's not offensive at all. There are a load of pics here with chicks in thongs, so why can't he have the pic in his av of his woman in "boy shorts"?

Whatever. Personally, I could care less. All of my avs/sigs are Dolphins/Heat relative, really. I'm just saying that I agree with you guys.

THIS is why the rule is being enforced....link....This site is for ALL ages and you guys may not have kids yet but, when you do, you'll understand.

Youre in luck, i'm having a special year-end sale!
If you subscribe now you'll get 4 issues a month for the low low price of $29.95(shipping and handling not included).
If you order before 10:00 PM i'll throw in an autographed picture of me.
:cooldude:
LIQUID24 said:
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :yes:

tehMick said:
Youre in luck, i'm having a special year-end sale!
If you subscribe now you'll get 4 issues a month for the low low price of $29.95(shipping and handling not included).
If you order before 10:00 PM i'll throw in an autographed picture of me.
:cooldude:
Deal. I'd be stupid not to take it. :goof:

inFINSible said:
THIS is why the rule is being enforced....link....This site is for ALL ages and you guys may not have kids yet but, when you do, you'll understand.

Miamikid12 asked that query for all those that didnt notice. I'll repeat. Miamikid****12**** asked that query. ;)

Mick, you and the few others that have devoted too much time to this whole subject need to move on.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong. This isn't a subject for gray areas, period.

I hope that when you cool off you can see that it doesn't matter if you were kidding, or joking or whatever - anymore than it would matter if the subject of your juvenile joke had been racial instead of genderal - it's offensive, it's unnecessary, and you ought to be ashamed for taking a position of defending the indefensible.

It comes down to this: FinHeaven is a private forum that is open to all those that want to be here - and abide by the rules set forth by the site owners & managers. Abide by the rules, or leave.

Now having said that, I welcome discussing football, life or anything else with you and the others - just let this go already.

Please think about what I've said, I haven't said it to slam you, and if I disliked you I'd simply let you inhabit my ignore list; just think about it.

Nabo, you got some chocolate on your nose.
Wait a second, thats not chocolate!!!
:escape:
Edited to add:
Nabo Click Here
Upon clicking the following link you'll notice the part where i acknowledge the following:
"It comes down to this: FinHeaven is a private forum that is open to all those that want to be here - and abide by the rules set forth by the site owners & managers. Abide by the rules, or leave."
:nono:

Back
Top Bottom