What Offense Will We Run? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Offense Will We Run?

dolfanreal69

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Will Miami finally use the TE and the Fb more this yr in the short passing game and then chunk it deep? Will wanny try to screw up and play too close to the vest? Will ricky return to leading the leauge in rushing?

Rob Konrad is a great recieving FB and we have a great TE, so, considering that we don't have amazing arm strength in any of our QBs, I'm guessing that the short game will be a huge plus for us next year. I'm not sure if Ricky will lead the league in rushing, but possibly in carries (again).

dolfanreal69 said:
chunk it deep?QUOTE]

...that just sounds funny

They been saying that will use the TE and FB a lot in the passing game. I don't expect them to use it as much as they are saying, but more then the did last year. I also think Ricky will be back to his 2002 ways, probably in the top 3 in the league.

my guess is miami will run a mix of the west coast offense and what they already have in place ... and go deep with boston and chambers during the course of the game as situations dictate ... i'm hoping with mcmicheal, lee, konrad, morris, ricky and tolver the west coast will be a big hit for the offense .. then throw in boston, chambers, simmons and newson for the intermediate and down the field passing game ... could be real interesting this season ...

True, it has been a long time since we have had a QB that could accomplish that feat. I mean when is the last time dan threw a deep ball?

dolfanreal69 said:
True, it has been a long time since we have had a QB that could accomplish that feat. I mean when is the last time dan threw a deep ball?

Against the Jaguars, in the AFC Divisional Game Jan 2000... ;)

God, do not remind me of the day i placed the curse on the jags!

dolfanreal69 said:
God, do not remind me of the day i placed the curse on the jags!

I was there in Jacksonville to watch Dan's last game, it was a heartbreak for all us Dolfans there... :cry:

The newspaper notes have suggested the new Collier offense will be centered more on the base offensive set. That means Konrad and McMichael should get more touches. Trestman and Sullivan have had substantial input again according to sources and they favor short drops, slants, and flairs.

All this will make life easier for the new Oline in so far as they will not have to hold their blocks as long. Also it counts on our skill people making one on one plays down field. It is a YAC designed offense. Let Boston or Chambers catch a quick slant and see if they can break a tackle. The same is true of Konrad and Williams, can they beat the first man to them?

Its a high percentage style that hopes to pull up defenders close and then blow by them on the occasional deep throw.

Whether any of this works is what the season will be all about.

dolfanreal69 said:
Will Miami finally use the TE and the Fb more this yr in the short passing game and then chunk it deep? Will wanny try to screw up and play too close to the vest? Will ricky return to leading the leauge in rushing?
WoW, a ball control offense, with 3-5 yard passes, just as good as a 3-5 yard run...

Who would have thought :hitself:

Konrad, relied upon to break a tackle?

:shakeno:

I dont think Konrad is going to be as much as an asset in the passing game as they think.

We'll try to hand the ball to Ricky 25 times per game that accounts about a half or a third of our offensive snaps. So I don't think there's a lot of space for them in the offence.

Disgustipate said:
Konrad, relied upon to break a tackle?

:shakeno:

I dont think Konrad is going to be as much as an asset in the passing game as they think.

I agree. Konrad is THE most over-rated player on the Dolphins. Any plays he has made in the passing game have been because the Defense was caught COMPLETELY off-guard and there was nobody within 15 feet of him to defend the pass. Anytime has has anyone guarding him, he drops the ball... and he almost always goes down on first contact... even if its a 180 lb. DB. He is slow and methodical in his steps and takes too long to turn upfield. He will never be a "threat" in the passing game. He might be good for a play here and there throughout the season when teams aren't expecting it, but he will never be a cornerstone of the passing game.

Back
Top Bottom