What position should we target in next years draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position should we target in next years draft?

Cloudy

MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers
Reaction score
With our first round pick what position do we aim for?

I would love to see us draft Ryan Williams from VT seeing how Ricky will be 34 and Ronnie finishing up his contract.
With that being said I would love for us to have a game-changing TE. Kyle Rudolph from Notre Dame would be a good pick up.

Anyone have any different thoughts?

Tight End. Maybe safety depending on how this year goes. Maybe line backer still. Depending on what we do with Ronnie maybe a runningback. I'd say TE for sure though.

Ryan Williams if you please....................

Running back SHOULD NOT be the target. The shelf life for NFL running backs is already extremely low and now we're about to go to an 18 game schedule. We need to target a RB in the later rounds or sign a veteran on the cheap. The game is changing so much and becoming more and more of a passing league. RB cannot be the first pick in the draft.

I say we focus on bolstering the offensive line or finding another top flight WR to pair with Marshall.

I like Cameron Heyward, DE, from Ohio State. He can get to the QB and also play DT and stop the run....he's the son of Ironhead.

i'm thinking TE or FS,depending on how things go for us at those 2 positions this year..

it's stupid to take a RB in the 1st unless they're the next coming of walter payton. they can be found anywhere in the draft - let's not make that same mistake again.

TE would be a good one. rudolph is currently at the top of that list - but we'll see.

FS is another obvious one - haven't been overly impressed with clemons yet.

OLB is a possibility as well - misi's done pretty good - but who knows how he'll turn out.

another outside chance is guard. sick of signing these vets to ludicrous contracts and them not being able to stay on the field. jerry was a great pick and will be fine. i like d. thomas but he's been made of glass thus far in his NFL career. hated the incognito signing.

a distant chance is NT - starks might get worn down so a move back to end is possible. soliai's looked good but consistency has never been his thing.

the last one would be QB. there should be more than a few studs coming out this year - if henne has another mediocre season it's not out of the question. i personally think he'll be fine - but if he struggles there's no excuse b/c that entire until is solid.

TE and FS are the ones that jump off the page to me. no massive holes right now. been a while since i've said that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really depneds on how things pan out this year, It also depends on the value of where we are picking..

I think taking a RB would be a good thing..I am not a fan of taking RB in the first round..but it seems that we dont have a ton of needs..barring injuries this coming year..Yada, yada..

Tight End is pretty good bet...but Fasano is still young and from what he did the other night we actually might be good there..

Safety def seems like our biggest need right now and maybe our biggest need next year as well....

Next year's draft looks to be loaded in that. Presuming we have a late first it'll still be good pickings. Blue chippers probably into the mid to high teens, not to mention the requisite overrated QBs who always come out. We just need to find a way to get another 2nd rounder.

Next year's draft looks to be loaded in that. Presuming we have a late first it'll still be good pickings. Blue chippers probably into the mid to high teens, not to mention the requisite overrated QBs who always come out. We just need to find a way to get another 2nd rounder.

It really is interesting.... I've yet to see a draft where the quarterbacks in it weren't "overrated" by draftniks... Apparently it just comes with the position..

At the moment, the only way I can see acquiring a 2nd rounder is to trade down out of the 1st round...

Back
Top Bottom