What really happened at pick #19... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What really happened at pick #19...

Merman said:
How am I having it both ways??? I said Klecko was a good player just not for the NT position where the middle has to be immovable. There are plenty of players on the field that are good players but not as a NT.

Did you read the quote??? Even the coaches said he would be servicable if his snaps were limited. NE signed a big body immediately no matter how good he was. If that's not a panic signing to try to fill a gaping hole IYO fine.

Agreed. But that hole was so big they needed another good player to cover it up. :)

This thread was dead for an entire day prior to me using the "search all posts" feature. :lol:

:ban: the "search all posts" feature?

My god this thread is still going? I think the debate itself pretty much proves there was enough doubt to do it. If we lost out on Carey our Oline would been pretty screwed at RT. We would traded down after that and go yet another year without a first round guy. Probably would have picked up Snee/Smiley in the 2nd and then prayed St Claire/McIntosh worked out.

Definately prefer taking the chance with those guys at RG then taking a chance at RT. At least at RG Perry/Ruddy could be brought back for a year.

TheBostonBomber said:
We had to make sure we got our guy........after carey what rt were we left with??? Rick got it done, he added some picks later on and picked some really quality guys from what i am reading about them. It seems like we really wanted a tackle.........so what would have happened IF he was nabbed before he got to us.
Then we trade down, pick up more picks, and get value for our selections, if necessary. (What would we have done if someone had, say, offered a first and a third that Minnesota had taken?)

Back
Top Bottom