What will be the Phins' Achilles Heel this Season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be the Phins' Achilles Heel this Season?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
2001 = Running Game
2002 = Passing Game (Backup QB/WRs)
2003 = O-Line
2004 = ?

So what do you think it will be? Honestly, every position looks pretty sturdy.. the only position I could see giving us trouble again is OL and possibly QB..

clear.gif

IS THERE NOONE ELSE!

IMO it'll be QB or the OL. Everything else looks solid. Interior pass rush would be another area. It's been seriously lacking for years. But the hope is that Chester's weight loss, combined with David Bowens' return, will be a big boost to it.

It will be the Oline. They will struggle against the better Dline's in the league. That is why IMO, that the passing game has to improve to the point that teams are unwilling to put an extra man in the box. Boston will make it better regardless if jay keeps his Job. But if AJ can beat Jay out of the starters spot, that will make the passing game that much better...

--Ross

hey SkapePhin-is that Wayne on the way to the office this offseason? Good One !!! The Achilles heel, as in the last 3-4 years, will be the coaching

SkapePhin said:
2001 = Running Game
2002 = Passing Game (Backup QB/WRs)
2003 = O-Line
2004 = ?

So what do you think it will be? Honestly, every position looks pretty sturdy.. the only position I could see giving us trouble again is OL and possibly QB..

clear.gif

IS THERE NOONE ELSE!

OL may still be a problem. We do have a bunch of "better horses" there and it all depends on how they play/jell together.
QB could still be a problem. As always, we know what Fiedler offers us. only thing now is that while feeley is supposed to be an upgrade, we simply do not know til the pads go on and we get into the pre-season.

It will the be the same thing it has been for the past couple of years...The Coach

The O-Line is going to better than last years and we went 10-6. The running game will be better which will open the passing game. With the addition of Boston...that will give Ricky more running room down the field and better block by the WR spot. So that means longer runs.

Ross said:
Boston will make it better regardless if jay keeps his Job. But if AJ can beat Jay out of the starters spot, that will make the passing game that much better...

--Ross

Glad to see atleast somebodies crystal ball works...

Too bad you can't forsee the future to make a bold prediction like that.

I am not comfortable with the OL especially at such an important position such as LT.
A lot of confidence is being placed on Smith and we dont have much depth at that position.Smith may have bulked up but he is still getting beaten regularly by JT.You think with all reps he has had with JT he could have figured out how to control him by now.Reminds me of last year when so much confidence was placed on an often injured veteran LT Dixon and we all know how that turned out.

I dont know im thinking that the CBs will be i know we have all those big names but im not sure with that rule change and the way they played last year i believe it could be them...

I see the play of our tackles being the biggest concern. St claire is the human turnstile and smith has to show us the ability to block the better DE's in the game at the big moments of the game. For all of those who say coaching i think you need to keep in mind that wanny is the worst gm in the nfl but I do not buy that he is a poor coach at this point. He has gone 11-5, 11-5,9-7, 10-6 over the past 4 years and I can oly think of 3 to 4 game in which wanny was out coached or out game planned. Just because the players do not make the plays or the tackles does not mean poor coaching but the question you need to look for is are the players in pos to make the plays , if the answer is yes then the problem is not the coaching or the planning but more on the players choaking at the wrong time of the game. I am not trying to be a wanny fan here but if you look at the facts they just do not support the fact that wanny is the worst coach in the nfl. I have a question. How many of us were stoaked to when JJ was named the new miami coach. Look where that got us. I am one who thinks at some point it comes down to the players doing what they are coached and paid to do. I think that is where Miami fell the shortest last season. Players did not perform when the game was on the line enough to get Miami the 2 wins that were their for the taking.

I think coaching is just fine and has been for awhile. Remember, this staff has yet to be outcoached by the best staff in the league (New England). Their players have simply been out-executed.

Can't blame the woeful OL, inconsistency at QB, and non-existent #2 WR on Wanny the coach.

Back
Top Bottom