What will be the Phins' Achilles Heel this Season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will be the Phins' Achilles Heel this Season?

MDFINFAN said:
You're playing a quality team, ie, they ended up winning the SB. duh..so why try and be aggressive and do something stupid like fumble or int, as you guys say Jay is known for..you're within FG range..why would you be aggressive in that situation, Don't take this wrong, but I'm glad you're not coaching the fins. I think Muck has documented the limitations of this O pretty well in this thread, please read them, I think he hit the nail on the horse. CK also mentions the other potential limitation of this year's O. that's the only coaching problem that may be a problem..other than that, this coaching staff in the pass has been great and played within the players limitations. In the NE game of course the predictable thing was to run Ricky, that's exactly what should have been done, do you remember 2 years ago when we try to pass and surprise NE???? 11 points in less than 5 minutes went up in smoke..with that fresh in a coach's mind, would you be aggressive?
I see your point, but in both those games you just mentioned we lost. So apparently the coaching decisions weren't all that great. Those games are also extremes. In one game not only did we pass the game away, they didn't even call effective Fiedler plays. We talk about the O's limitations and Jay's limitations and to me it's the coaches job to be able to assess the strengths of the players. In this case they tried to make Jay zip an out to Chambers which he obviously didn't even come close to completing (He threw it straight in the ground if I remeber correctly). In the other instance we ran Ricky three straight feable times right up the gut. There has to be a medium in there I would think.

You kinda misinterpreted what I meant. I'm not saying you should come ultra aggresive throwing into the endzone but you should have the confidence to be able to score from 30 yds out, if not, at least be able to move the ball 10 yards to get your kicker a little closer...regardless of what happend last season.( I can't believe you brought that up by the way...I would hope our coach doesn't sit around thinking about bad decisions he made the year before and I would really hope to God that at the beginning of a new season what happend last year is exactly that...what happend last year). The fact of the matter though is that Mare had just missed from that same exact spot. I would have tried to get him to a different spot on the field that's all.

My opinion on Wanny isn't that he's a bad coach. He just isn't a good tactical leader on sunday more often than not IMO he makes the wrong decision at an adverse moment in a game. The two games mentioned above being perfect examples.

darkoak said:
First a groan. Next is the fact that even though DW is now only the coach, is the coach not the person who uses the talent on the field to win??????? Is he not the guy most responsible to ensure our players give 100% each and every game???? Is he not the guy responsible for deviseing a game plan that allows our team the best chance of victory? Isn't he responsible for adjusting that game plan to the ever changing complexities of opposition gameplans during the game????? There is no reason that a defense this talented doesn't have the juice to close out games. No reason except for how they are coached. The country club atmosphere of this team is DW's responsibility.

You do realize that the Fins won 10 games last year, right? You should also be aware that they were 3rd in the league in points against.

IMO, the players let him down against Houston and the 1st NE game. He coached well enough for a team with very suspect talent and OL and WR to have 12 wins. That would have been tied for 3rd in the league.

Back
Top Bottom