Club Member
Reaction score
Any ideas?

So far it seems it will be

CB - Smith
FS - Clemons
SS - R. Jones
CB - V. Davis

this seems fairly standard so far, basically Jones steps in for Bell. Been reading up that Richard Marshall could transition to one of the two saftey slots since they are now considered saftey 1 / saftey 2 not free / strong. Also, thoughts on Jimmy Wilson beating out either Clemons or Jones? Who would that leave at our nickel CB?

I dont know much about Marshall but Wilson seems to have playmaking ability. He also is very raw. Hopefully he is able to take that playmaking ability and be a consistent qaulity player.

Any ideas?

So far it seems it will be

CB - Smith
FS - Clemons
SS - R. Jones
CB - V. Davis

this seems fairly standard so far, basically Jones steps in for Bell. Been reading up that Richard Marshall could transition to one of the two saftey slots since they are now considered saftey 1 / saftey 2 not free / strong. Also, thoughts on Jimmy Wilson beating out either Clemons or Jones? Who would that leave at our nickel CB?
I think those four are probably going to be the starters. Maybe Culver instead of Clemons though, I am not sure.

I don't see Marshall switching to safety, I think he will remain at cornerback. I don't think Wilson will start, but sounds like he might be a big contributor this season.

Culver might sneak in there as starter. He's a little slower than the others but knows where to be and makes few mistakes.
I'm pulling for Wilson but as you say I doubt he starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see Marshall replacing Smith outright...I can also see Wilson replacing Clemons.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Culver might sneak in there as starter. He's a little slower than the others but knows where to be and makes few mistakes.
I'll pulling for Wilson but as you say I doubt he starts.

People dismiss Culver, but I think he has been a steady backup who has earned a shot at competing for a starting position...

Didn't Culver start several games at the end of last season due to injuries ? You know when we actual won a couple. I though he played well.

Back
Top Bottom