What Worries You The Most, The WR's or DB's? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Worries You The Most, The WR's or DB's?

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've been worried about the WR's ever since we let go of Marshall, then had hope when Chad was doing good in camp then worried again when we let him go then I was in panic mode when I saw how bad the WR's were in preseason but as the first game gets closer and closer I'm starting to worry about the secondary more than anything. Lets face it, we had our share of problems in that area last year and Vontae is a much better cover CB than Marshall, and the safeties have been pretty bad in the preseason imo. I think the Wr's can make some plays, Bess will catch the ball, Fasano and Clay might sneak some decent sized gains over the middle, and Reggie can definitely make plays our of the flats or anywhere on the field vs a LB. But the more and more I think about it I just can't see guys like Marshall, Carrol and idk Wilson? Being able to keep up with Houstons passing attack.

So anyway, what worries you the most?

For me it's the corners. I don't not see enough quality starters let alone we have an injury.

For the answer to your question, I'd say I worry more about the receivers. Because after reviewing some preseason games, these guys seemed to catch and fall down. I want receivers to catch and fight for the first, or another 5 yards etc.
My concern is LB coverage on opposing TE's. Until someone can stop this year after year problem, it's a major concern for me.

Im not really concerned about any one position - right across the field we lack the talent to compete with the Texans.

I would say the DB's. If we can keep the score down under 20 points, we will have a chance to win.

If Texas is scoring on big plays and long passes, we have zero chance with our receivers to keep pace with them.

I'm more worried about the secondary. Hartline and Bess are reliable, Armstrong seems to be decent, and the RBs are good receivers. But, the secondary has been a weakness for years, even with Davis.

I agree with trading Marshall and Davis and cutting Chad Johnson. What I don't agree with is Ireland waiting until the end of the draft to pick 2 WRs, and completely ignoring the secondary. He needed to draft impact players in the early rounds of the draft, and he goes for another o-lineman in the 2nd? I've always been neutral concerning Ireland, but now I don't trust him with all of the picks we have in next year's draft.

DBs. It's a passing league and you need as many quality DBs as possible. I only see one average corner and a lot of question marks

I always support this team and will defend any negative posts.. But I think there is a fine line between Rebuilding and Destroying. I think Ireland destroyed this team going into this season..

Back
Top Bottom