What would it take to move up to #2 for Suh? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would it take to move up to #2 for Suh?

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
For Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano to retire and for Al Davis to buy the Dolphins from Ross and all this to happen before next Wednesday

moving up to the 2nd spot would be pointless. forget the enormous price it would cost us. there is no position we could fill at #2 that we dont already have. even berry @2 would be a big stretch.

Hear me out before shooting me down. What would it take to get this done? Combination of picks and players, Detroit needs all the help they can get, and have been rumored to be wanting to trade the pick. We can fill the FS spot w/ Sharper, and the OLB spot w/ JT.

TALK ABOUT IT!

It would take him being able to transform into a Nose Tackle. He is just like Hayneswerth. Great DT but would suffer playing NT. To answer your question it would take more than we are willing to give up.

Hear me out before shooting me down. What would it take to get this done? Combination of picks and players, Detroit needs all the help they can get, and have been rumored to be wanting to trade the pick. We can fill the FS spot w/ Sharper, and the OLB spot w/ JT.

TALK ABOUT IT!

Yeah, let's talk about how Suh is best suited as a 4/3 DT or 3/4 DE, not the run stuffing, lane clogging, double team consuming load of a NT that we need. Suh is a great player, but we already have Langford, Starks, Merling, McDaniel. He doesn't fit a real need for us on defense- S, OLB, NT. And for the record, despite those needs, I hope that we go for talent in rd 1, not force a need defensive pick. Plenty of picks rds 3-7 to get a S, OLB, NT. Best to go for the talent, not force a pick.

Yeah, let's talk about how Suh is best suited as a 4/3 DT or 3/4 DE, not the run stuffing, lane clogging, double team consuming load of a NT that we need. Suh is a great player, but we already have Langford, Starks, Merling, McDaniel. He doesn't fit a real need for us on defense- S, OLB, NT. And for the record, despite those needs, I hope that we go for talent in rd 1, not force a need defensive pick. Plenty of picks rds 3-7 to get a S, OLB, NT. Best to go for the talent, not force a pick.
Agree. Suh is a DE in the 3-4 not a NT. He wouldn't address an area of need plus we could trade every pick we have left to move up to #2 and it still wouldn't add up. We'd have to give them picks from next year as well. Don't think I'd sell out the entire draft for one player.

Back
Top Bottom