What would you do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would you do?

dolphindog

Scout Team
Reaction score
Since Ricky was willing to give up an NFL career to avoid doing a piss test,what would you be willing to put up with for a career in the NFL?

I'd be willing to spend a night with the Bills cheerleaders, without them shaving their facial hair.

I'd go to the locker room and wash down JT AJ JS and DB after a game with my bare hands.
If thats not tough to deal with, I don't know what is :jawdrop:

If football was my ultimate love, and that was my passion in life then you should pursue it with all of your heart and shouldn't need motivation or money to play the game.

When I see football players failing drug tests and knocking up strange women and doing 130 MPH in a 55 MPH zone I just scratch my head and know that these guys aren't in it for the love of the game, but for the money.

John Stockton is still my idol. He played countless seasons with the Jazz because he loved the game. He never had an agent and negotiated his own contracts with the Jazz. Sure, he probably got paid a few million less without an agent, but he did what he did not for the money, but because he loved the game. He was the last purist in the NBA. And frankly, he probably saved more money by not having a agent in the first place. Stockton also didn't care about the media, or an image, or endorsements or any of that crap. He wanted to do one thing, and do it to the best of his abilities - play basketball. And he realized two years ago that he couldn't play with the best of them anymore, and he hung it up. Class act, great guy. And some jerks in the media scorn him (Jim Rome) because he doesn't have a great personality, or basically kiss up to the media. Good for Stockton. Would you be nice to a guy like Rome who's sole intent and purpose in life is to make fun of every athlete he comes in contact with? Seems to me that Stockton is the bigger man then Jim Rome will ever be.

Name me one NFL player that plays the game purely because he loves the sport. Maybe Zach Thomas, and maybe Jason Taylor. These guys renegotiated their contracts to help the team, and they both play the game because they love to play it. But the Zachs of the world are few and far between. For every Zach there are 100 MeShawn Johnsons and Joey Gallaways to ruin things for the rest of us.

Like I've always said - if I were negotiating a new contract with the Dolphins out of college I would simply ask for a $1 million annuity to be put away that I couldn't touch and 20 annual payments of the league minimum. That would set me for life and I could then concentrate on the game and forget about the money until after my career was over with. Simple, basic and easy.

FemaleFinFan said:
I'd go to the locker room and wash down JT AJ JS and DB after a game with my bare hands.
If thats not tough to deal with, I don't know what is :jawdrop:
Wow FemaleFinFan rocks I gotta get on the team so I can get cleaned up too!:cooldude:

I hear what ur saying Baracuda but the fact Taylor and Thomas renegotiated dont mean what u think it means as far as i understood it by renegotiating their contracts they both got more guaranteed money. And when ur a player in the nfl thats what the contracts are all about as teams can boot u whenever they like. At least that was my understanding of it i could be wrong.

dolphindog said:
Since Ricky was willing to give up an NFL career to avoid doing a piss test,what would you be willing to put up with for a career in the NFL?
That's an insane question. Most of us do it now for our crappy jobs.Anyone who says no is mentally ill,like Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom