What's First Rounder in 2015 Worth in this Deep Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's First Rounder in 2015 Worth in this Deep Draft?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
What's a First Rounder in 2015 Worth in this Deep Draft?

I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks, as trading down seems like a viable option from #19. Could we get a top 2nd pick for next year's #1? May be worth it if we could.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would trade a 2015 first for an early second in a heartbeat, I think it would take more than that though, probably 2015 first and a third or fourth in this draft.

You can edit titles by clicking "edit" then "go advanced"

Ehhh thats a tough one. Hard to justify giving away a future 1st but if we got a GREAT deal, it would be possibly okay.

Khalil Mack anyone? or nah :lol:

I would trade a 2015 first for an early second in a heartbeat, I think it would take more than that though, probably 2015 first and a third or fourth in this draft.

You can edit titles by clicking "edit" then "go advanced"

Thanks Roy, had no idea I could do that.

Just a little food for thought to add to this year's team.

Ehhh thats a tough one. Hard to justify giving away a future 1st but if we got a GREAT deal, it would be possibly okay.

I like the idea. Philbin would be gambling that we would draft low, and another team would be gambling that we would draft higher, and we get one more player to develop for a year.

I can't think of a worse trade. I'll never understand the logic behind mortgaging the future. What if Tannehill doesn't progress? We'll be out of position to move on. What if he does progress? We'll be stuck with mediocre skill players, an aging LT, and whatever holes on defense we can't address this year.

Just not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't think of a worse trade. I'll never understand the logic behind mortgaging the future. What if Tannehill doesn't progress? We'll be out of position to move on. What if he does progress? We'll be stuck with mediocre skill players, an aging LT, and whatever holes on defense we can't address this year.

Just not worth it.

I do not see it as mortgaging the future, just getting a player who may or may not be better a year early, with the additional year to develop him. It's far from trading for an older vet.

I do not see it as mortgaging the future, just getting a player who may or may not be better a year early, with the additional year to develop him. It's far from trading for an older vet.

If we were to trade a 1st, I'd damn sure want more than just 1 second rounder this year

A first for a first seems like the only value i would accept. And i wouldn't do it in any case

You are trading away a shot at a top player the next year for a lesser player this year. Sorry, but it makes no sense to me. You are far more likely to land a good-to-great player in the first than the second. That's just a fact. That's not a shot I'm willing to give up for a second round player. There are 102 1st rounders in the HOF. That compared to 32 from the 2nd round and 88 from all other rounds combined (including the very late rounds that existed before and free agents). That's not a fluke. I'd rather take my chances in the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom