What's holding Buffalo back from the Super Bowl? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's holding Buffalo back from the Super Bowl?

cltchperf said:
Well I've already posted this but I'll share this specifically to you.

I loved how J.P took that stroll in the endzone I thought that was funny which would have been a safety had the Bills not had a break, and had the holding from the packers, don't get too ahead of yourself there. Your team has one hell of a special teams, huge returns in the game, and McGahee is a great back. Aaron Rodgers sucked, though, Favre marched right down the field and scored a td, Green ran through too. Favre played for a very brief time though. J.P made some nice throws, little passes here and there, but this is the packers D, and the never blitzed, of course teams don't blitz much in preseason but Chicago, Jax, and even Pittsburgh, at times blitzed, and there's quite a difference between Pittsburgh's D, Jax D, and Ind and G.B's D. The O-line did a great job on one play where Losman had like 10 seconds to throw the ball, he got jittery and at the last moment throw the ball away, since the SP did such a great job, Losman played from the Packers 30 0r 20 most of the times, short drives, and some that should be gimmes but end up being a field goal, or taking a half hour moving 20 yards for a score, so calm yourself down there. Lindell has one hell of a leg, making a 54 yard field goal, and just missing the last one later.

Did it occur to you that perhaps that "break" was why there was a safety? It was a defensive holding penalty, not an off-sides or procedure penalty.

I opposed cutting Bledsoe because I was afraid the Bills were trashing their season. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how well he played, with his limited experience, in the Indy game, and he was better in the Green Bay game.

In the preseason, it's much more about how a team plays than whether it wins or loses a particular game. In the Bills' two wins, their second, third, and fourth stringers have clearly out performed Indy and Green Bay's which says a great deal about the depth on this team. After getting a busload of yellow hankies in Indy, the Bills cut their penalties down to 8, only 2 in the first half, and only 2 in second half being procedural (1 false start, 1 too many men). The Bills also took advantage of "breaks" and short fields. They scored a TD after the long kick return. They also made GB pay for their mistakes: they scored a FG after the penalty nullified the safety, and they got a long punt return from Drew Haddad after another penalty nullified a possible fumble recovery and forced a re-kick. They scored their final TD after an INT by Gabari Greer.

This is a team that's got its act together half way through the preseason schedule, which is really cause for Bills fans to be optomistic about the regular season. It's been a long time since a Bills team has looked so good in preseason. I'm not expecting them to win the Super Bowl. I don't expect them to even win the division. I think they should go 9-7, and could go 10-6 and possibly make the playoffs. I think 11-5 is a stretch, but if they pull it off, I'll be dancin' in the aisles at the Ralph!!!

:)

Nublar7 said:
:lol: Your biggest thing to be proud of is that you have a better PRESEASON record? :roflmao:

I wouldn't say I "proud of it'. I like what I see from my team though. Can you say the same thing about your team.

texasPHINSfan said:
well last year they just started out slow and played well in the end until that Bledsoe collapse.

Now with a complete rookie QB, they took a small step backwards, but in the long run this will be good for them.

I expect them to do worse this year over last simply because of the growing pains Losman will have to deal with. Assuming Losman picks up the offense and grows into the system, i think he can do well in the coming years.

Right now they have nothing on us... their inexperience at the QB position measures up with our lack of talent... their running game is good, but we have Ricky and Ronnie. Their OL is marginal, so is ours. Their D might slightly have ours since we pretty much cleaned it out.... and their special teams is better than ours.

i see them winning 6-8 games this year, similar to us.
looks like after the Greenbay game, everything you said is now, VOID :D.

Justasportsfan said:
looks like after the Greenbay game, everything you said is now, VOID :D.

Yea - 7-14 for 59 yards. Not exactly Favre.

zachseau13 said:
Yea - 7-14 for 59 yards. Not exactly Favre.
Never said he was but based on the game and what texasfin said, it doesn't look like we took a step back ,our lack of experience matches your lack of talent at the qb position, we are gonna get worse, etc.etc.. Whether that changes come regular season, who knows? Based on 2 preseason games, texasfins' opinions are not going his way,it's looks like it's headed the opposite way. :D

Back
Top Bottom