Whats this BS about a 5th BCS bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats this BS about a 5th BCS bowl?

maddendude

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I guess its a good thing, but the BCS prolly just did it all for the money, and only the money.

Is it true? I just read a yahoo article about Cal that mentioned a 5th BCS bowl game...what hte heck.

after the big 4 bowl games. The 2 teams who are left at the top of the BCS standings play 1 more game to determine a true champion!!

So, a 1 loss team like Cal, Florida, Texas...etc. Isn't shut out.

MikeO said:
after the big 4 bowl games. The 2 teams who are left at the top of the BCS standings play 1 more game to determine a true champion!!

Does the 5th bowl get implemented this season? Because I thought it wasn't going to start until later.

MikeO said:

I may be reading this wrong but I'm pretty sure thats not how it works. The new lineup is:

Sugar Bowl
Orange Bowl
Rose Bowl
Fiesta Bowl

then the National Championship Game.

They are basically just making the top game separate so 2 more teams get into the BCS.

Frisches13283 said:
Does the 5th bowl get implemented this season? Because I thought it wasn't going to start until later.

This year, starting in Tempe where the Fiesta Bowl is, then rotates around with the other 3 every year.

UF Fin Kat said:
well, it IS a business.

Not to mention it gives two more schools a chance to get to a major bowl and get the check that comes with it.

Motion said:
I may be reading this wrong but I'm pretty sure thats not how it works. The new lineup is:

Sugar Bowl
Orange Bowl
Rose Bowl
Fiesta Bowl

then the National Championship Game.

They are basically just making the top game separate so 2 more teams get into the BCS.

Yea, that is how it works. Just another game for money and a chance to see 2 more teams play in a BCS game.

Frisches13283 said:

I am 99.9% sure its THIS year

MikeO said:
I am 99.9% sure its THIS year

You're probably right. I hear 2007, and probably thought the 2007 football season, when it's the bowls in 2007.

Frisches13283 said:
You're probably right. I hear 2007, and probably thought the 2007 football season, when it's the bowls in 2007.

Yea, the fifth BCS bowl game starts this season.

2007 schedule
To be played following 2006 season.
- Monday, January 1 - Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi
- Monday, January 1 - Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
- Tuesday, January 2 - FedEx Orange Bowl
- Wednesday, January 3 - Allstate Sugar Bowl
- Monday, January 8 - BCS National Championship (Glendale, Arizona)

Blade said:
Yea, the fifth BCS bowl game starts this season.

2007 schedule
To be played following 2006 season.
- Monday, January 1 - Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi
- Monday, January 1 - Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
- Tuesday, January 2 - FedEx Orange Bowl
- Wednesday, January 3 - Allstate Sugar Bowl
- Monday, January 8 - BCS National Championship (Glendale, Arizona)
The FedEx Orange Bowl in the DHL sponsored Dolphins Stadium :lol:

Back
Top Bottom