What's up with Georgia next year ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's up with Georgia next year ?

JT-forpresident

Believe In Miami
Reaction score
How do you guys envision georgia's football team next year ?

losing moreno and stafford won't help... i'm asking because i got an offer to go watch one of their games but it's a 8 hour flight so i won't budge for a blowout...

Losing Stafford IMHO only hurts in the experience department. I cant tell you how many times I would tune into a Georgia game and wait for the great Matthew Stafford to show up that I always hear about. Yes, he has a cannon arm, but what else? Georgia will more than likely not be as explosive as they were last year, however still a great defense and a chance to impress voters early by playing Oklahoma State in Stillwater.

Im guessing maybe a Peach Bowl apperance for the Dawgs

think it's a good idea to attend the florida-georgia game ?

IMO, it just sounds like a blowout in the making but i'm not the biggest NCAA "connaisseur" ... i watch at least 40 games per year but they're always prime time game from different conferences so i don't thoroughly follow one team or conference for that matter (i'm from canada after all....)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a chance to go to a big rivalry game like Georgia/Florida, I would take it in a heartbeat. In intense rivalries like that, you throw rankings and logic out the window. Anything can happen in a rivalry game.

But yes, I still think Florida will win, but I wouldnt want to miss that experience

The good thing Georgia has going for them this year is that the expectations aren't as high....this time last year they were the preseason #1, remember?

The last time expectations were this low for Georgia....they won the SEC East....

They're going to have to beat Florida for that to happen this year though.....and that ain't happening.....

Georgia suffered key injuries last year that really hurt them IMO...especially on the defensive and offensive lines....but I think they can pull off 9 wins, and as AirFish pointed out...a Peach Bowl berth......Joe Cox doesn't have to be spectacular...just manage the game....and get the football to A.J. Green...

They will be better than people think. AJ Green is a beast and freshman WR Marlon Brown will probably play from day 1. AJ Green is 6'4" I believe and Marlon Brown is 6'5"....just throw the ball up.

At RB Caleb King is pretty good and Richard Samuel has a ton of talent. Samuel was playing as a 17 year old true freshman last year and is a monster.

OL and DL should be much better than last year as long as they stay healthy.

think it's a good idea to attend the florida-georgia game ?

IMO, it just sounds like a blowout in the making but i'm not the biggest NCAA "connaisseur" ... i watch at least 40 games per year but they're always prime time game from different conferences so i don't thoroughly follow one team or conference for that matter (i'm from canada after all....)

i've gone every year for the past 10 and it is by far my favorite game - of any sport - all year. jacksonville gets crazy. i'm still a bigger dolphin fan than gator fan but nothing can match that gameday experience. i highly recommend going.

I think 9-3 is more then acceptable....not expecting much from Cox but think Green is a monster out their. This game vs Ok St. should tell us how far this team has come. Ok St. has some nasty offensive weapons, I only hope Willie Martinez can come up w/ a way to slow them down.

After seeing that bum a** Cox today and I am guessing that moron for a hea coach will allow his 5th yr senior to starte very game i see the dawgs at no better then 7-5...

After seeing that bum a** Cox today and I am guessing that moron for a hea coach will allow his 5th yr senior to starte very game i see the dawgs at no better then 7-5...

that game was brutal. i always pull for the SEC - mainly b/c i went them to be undefeated when the gators play them. cox was just awful. they made a mediocre defense look like juggernauts. hard to watch.

that game was brutal. i always pull for the SEC - mainly b/c i went them to be undefeated when the gators play them. cox was just awful. they made a mediocre defense look like juggernauts. hard to watch.

if richt stays w/ him allseason they are asking for trouble. He is the worst!

Back
Top Bottom