What's up with O-Gun?!?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's up with O-Gun?!?!?!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
Is there any progress with this guy yet? I feel as though we need this guy desperately to succeed in the East cause he's a proven pass rusher and not too many teams have 2 of those on the ends as we do.15 sacks no matter who is on the other side is outstanding!!! WITH HIM NO PLAYOFFS; WITHOUT HIM WELL, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????

why is the FO so reluctant to give him a better contract?
he is one of the best players in our team, we need to get him back!.
he desrves the money (unless he is asking for astronomical salary)

finregime said:
Is there any progress with this guy yet? I feel as though we need this guy desperately to succeed in the East cause he's a proven pass rusher and not too many teams have 2 of those on the ends as we do.15 sacks no matter who is on the other side is outstanding!!! WITH HIM NO PLAYOFFS; WITHOUT HIM WELL, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????

He has two options, sign the 1.87M tender this year or take a year off and sign it next year.

I hope he choses well!

Oliver...

FO figures anybody opposite Taylor will put up decent sack totals, and they`re probably right. That being said....he needs to get his a** in here and have the kind of year he had last year, then we`ll buck up the coin that he`s demanding.

Thing is, JT is going to be 30. He probably only has one or two more elite seasons left in him tops. Then he'll start to decline. It would be nice to lock up his heir apparent and get elite seasons out of both of them at the same time. Hopefully it'll be possible to get he and Chambers done this year, then Randy next year.

anyone know what ogunleye is asking for, and as far as jt's heir how young is otis grigsby and has anyone watched him in a practice and seen much, and are there anydraft picks for next year that you see could eb awesome defensive ends, let him work behind jt, imjust a curious beaver

Muck said:
Thing is, JT is going to be 30. He probably only has one or two more elite seasons left in him tops. Then he'll start to decline. It would be nice to lock up his heir apparent and get elite seasons out of both of them at the same time. Hopefully it'll be possible to get he and Chambers done this year, then Randy next year.

You're assuming O-Gun could even play RDE and produce like when he played at LDE. He has yet to show he is half the player JT is. JT plays against LT's not RT's. Sorry I don't see O-Gun as anything more than a player who had a good season last year, because he plays opposite an ELITE RDE. History shows that the LDE has produced at a very high level when JT is at RDE. Either by one player or with mutiple players.

The Dolphins cannot afford to pay a LDE at a RDE level. It would ruin this franchise for years to come.

Oliver...

Juice_56 said:
anyone know what ogunleye is asking for, and as far as jt's heir how young is otis grigsby and has anyone watched him in a practice and seen much, and are there anydraft picks for next year that you see could eb awesome defensive ends, let him work behind jt, imjust a curious beaver

He' asking for more $ than JT. He's and Drew are out of their minds!

Oliver...

ohall said:
You're assuming O-Gun could even play RDE and produce like when he played at LDE. He has yet to show he is half the player JT is. JT plays against LT's not RT's. Sorry I don't see O-Gun as anything more than a player who had a good season last year, because he plays opposite an ELITE RDE. History shows that the LDE has produced at a very high level when JT is at RDE. Either by one player or with mutiple players.

The Dolphins cannot afford to pay a LDE at a RDE level. It would ruin this franchise for years to come.

Oliver...

Isn't it funny how 2 people can disagree so vehemently on one subject (see Fiedler threads) and be 100% on the same page on another?

ohall said:

Oliver...

But I'm not necessarily saying that I'd move him to RDE. I think he could/should stay on the left side. He plays the run really well. And while he does benefit from JT, he also creates his own havoc. And JT benefits from him as well.

But I do feel that he's shown himself to be more than half the player JT is. And JT does seem to get more sacks when better players are opposite him.

2000 - Trace Armstrong - 16.5, JT - 14.5
2001 - Mixon/Bromell - 8.5, JT - 8.5
2002 - Ogunleye - 9.5, JT - 18.5
2003 - Ogunleye - 15, JT - 13

Mixon and Bromell really didn't do much opposite JT. And Bromell got a lot of his sacks inside. But Trace and Wale are far better players. And JT's production as well as theirs seem to back that up.

JT has unquestionably taken his game to another level the last few years. He's definitely elite. But I just think that Wale is arriving. And they make a great tag team. Best DE duo in the league. Would love to see it continue.

I would love to see it too, but the more this drags on the more I think it won't. I think Wale has played his cards wrong. Rick has called his bluff and Wale has to decide if he really wants sit out. If that happens do you not think that will put stress on the relationships Wale has with both the FO and, maybe more importantly, his teammantes?

Back
Top Bottom