Whats your opinion of the Texans after this game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats your opinion of the Texans after this game?

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
Although I think our performance left quite a bit to be desired yesterday, I have to hand it to Houston that they played a solid ballgame. Their offensive line was outstanding, Carr put up solid numbers, and the defense played well enough to win.

I was impressed enough that I was mentioning to people at work I think they will win at least 9 games this season...perhaps more. There weren't many believers among my fellow employees though....although none of them watched yesterdays game like I did.

Is anyone else here sold on the Texans? How respectable do you see them finishing this year? Is a playoff position out of the question for them? Tell me what you think....I'm interested in the opinion of others.

They're a team with little talent and lots of heart. While the Dolphins are a team with lots of talent and little heart.

The Texans are still just a second-year team. They're improving, but lack of depth will hurt as the season lengthens. Plus we have Matt (Look ma! No talent!) Stevens at free safety, ensuring that we will never shut a team out.

I predict a 6-10 season and that's optimistic with our schedule.

They're much better than advertised. Lots of young studs there. Safety is a glaring hole. But that's about it.

They game planned the hell out of us and knew just how to best come after us. It worked.. Carr is a good QB and those two step drops made a pass rush damn near impossible. That being said, we should have never allowed them off the line to get those 5 yd. dumps.

I can see them going 8-8 now. Carr is very good and he has a good recieving corps. That defense was very good at times last year, and looks improved. And Capers is a good coach. I see them beating both Indy and Tennessee at least once apiece now.

If we had to lose yesterday to a team that went 4-12 last year, I'm glad it was Houston. They are a classy organization top to bottom and have built their team the right way. They are steadily improving and it won't take but another draft or two for Dom Capers to get them to the playoffs. I won't speculate as to win/loss record, but I predict that they finish ahead of Jacksonville in their division.

Originally posted by RikWriter
They're a team with little talent and lots of heart. While the Dolphins are a team with lots of talent and little heart.

I disagree. I think they've got a pretty good amount of talent. Lots of guys on that team that could start here.

The Texans will win 5 games. They are good for a second year team, but just because they beat a heartless Dolphins team doesn't mean they are a playoff team.

personally , with the way the Saints played this sunday vs the seahawks.....I truly believe the Texans will go 2-0.

mark my words, they will beat Indy. andre johnson is for real and jabbar gaffney has just been added to fantasy teams everywhere across america. chester pitts is a find. they have a good defense. they have a good young qb with lots of poise. they have more than people think.

The Texans are not a very good team but they were the best team yesterday. If they played the Dolphins again next week the results would be similar, a one or two point game.

Back
Top Bottom