What's your opinion? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's your opinion?

finsfan4life

In Dawn We Trust!
Reaction score
I'm a Fin fan that's always lived in the Northeast part of the country and while I can't speak for fans that live in Florida, I've always been of the opinion that the Fins should draft more players from the Florida colleges, particularly the University of Miami. While I wouldn't want the team to draft local player's just for the sake of drafting them, I've always thought that drafting local players would add to more fan loyalty. Putting the hold Yatil Green fiasco behind us, what do you think of the Fins drafting more local players.

It's not as simple as you might think, you have to look at which players you actually need which year. You also have to look at the fact that usually the best UM players and the best FSU players tend to go in the top 15 picks or so. Miami hasn't had a pick that high in years.

They should draft the best player, or the player that fills the biggest need. The location of the players college doesnt matter at all as far as im concerned.

They should put no value into that at all.....the only exception is if u have 2 guys and absolutlkey have nothign else to go on who to pick....then yes, mine as welll go wit the local boy.

finsfan4life said:
I'm a Fin fan that's always lived in the Northeast part of the country and while I can't speak for fans that live in Florida, I've always been of the opinion that the Fins should draft more players from the Florida colleges, particularly the University of Miami. While I wouldn't want the team to draft local player's just for the sake of drafting them, I've always thought that drafting local players would add to more fan loyalty. Putting the hold Yatil Green fiasco behind us, what do you think of the Fins drafting more local players.

We drafted Vernon Carey out of UM with our first pick in the last draft. ;)

finsfan4life said:
I would like to see them draft more SEC players and players who play in the lower Southern states....the ones who are adapted to playing in the heat and who love the heat factor. I'm not saying sign a player because he played at a Univ. in the South but if he's as good as one in the North, take the southerner.

The SEC competition prepares players better than any other conference for the NFL.

KBISBACK said:
The SEC competition prepares players better than any other conference for the NFL.

Yes SEC is the best conference by far.Even the weak teams produce good NFL players.UM has the most players in the NFL.

Who cares what college the player comes from as long as he can play?! That's what matters. My opinion is that smarter draft choices need to be made.

Yatil green was the last u of m player that we drafted in the first round before VC...That didnt turn out to well....

You take the best player for your needs regardless of school.

They try a minor league football (AFL2-?) with 50% of the team having local ties.
It foundered.

Back
Top Bottom