Whazzup Guys?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whazzup Guys??

Dolphination73

Starter
Reaction score
Howdy folks!! I have just been re-born! I used to post on this site a couple of years under a different alias however I decided to take a break from it........ And haven't posted for about 2 years. Time was the main issue but I still made the time to be an active lurker. This is by far the best Dolphins fan forum I've seen (and I've been on a few of them).

Anyway with some of the changes I'm going through in life and some of the exciting changes I've been seeing on the team (personnel-wise) I figured it was time for me to hop back on the wagon!! I've seen alot of the negativity that's been sprouting on this forum and.......... I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for maintaining their respective views. I, for one, have no idea what this season has in store for us but I always like to see the glass as being 'half-full'. The last 2 seasons have been heart-breaking (especially the season before). I still wonder what could've been if we held on to beat the Pats and made the Playoffs that year......... So the one big lesson I've learned for the last 2 seasons as far as expectations go..... I have none!! But I will back up the team no matter what..... Whether it be Fiedler or Feeley (hopefully Feeley),.......

On a different note, I'm moving to New York City (Upper West Side) in a couple of weeks from the suburbs and in the process I'll be leaving some of my Dolphin peeps behind. I know there're some postors from NYC on this forum, do you guys know of any joints where Dolfans band together on NFL Sundays? I do try to get to the 'Sportz Bar' in East Hanover, NJ a couple of times a season (MiamiMike rules!!!) but that's going to be harder to do as I'm ditching my car. Anyway, it would be cool to connect with some Dolfans in NYC as the season rolls around..... Is it September yet???

Alright folks, thanks for letting me be heard!! I promise that all my posts will not be so long but I figured why give anyone a half-a**ed introduction!!

Looking forward to a 'KICKA**' season and some great exchanges with you guys!!!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!

I would love to know about NYC also as I am down there (from rochester) once a month or so. Posted a similar question about a year ago and got little response but perhaps this will be different. Just dont think that NYC is much of a sport bar kinda town. ESPN zone???? Saw the NE heartbreaker last year in the zone. Sat next to a guy who said he was a sports reporter for a local miami station. There is a comparitively strong miami contingency there, but I have not heard of a Dolphin haunt like other places.

Welcome Back!!

Where in NYC? I personally love that city... go there whenever I can.

Looking forwad to seeing more of your posts!

Oh...BTW... if you have any comments, questions, or concerns, feel free to contact either myself, FinHeavenAJ, Muck, or any of our Moderators. We're here to help in any way we can!

Go Fins!

Where in NYC? Upper West Side...... In the low 90's and Central Park West. And thanks for the warm welcome guys!! It's obvious there're some good people posting here! Looking forward to adding more fuel to the fires................

Dolphination73 said:
Where in NYC? Upper West Side...... In the low 90's and Central Park West.

No kidding? I was just up that way last week.
Spent most of the morning taking advantage of a beautiful day in Central Park... then headed up to the Cloisters and walked around the gardens there.
Upper West Side is one of my favorite areas of Manhattan... also like spending time downtown in Tribeca and the Village...

WharfRat said:
No kidding? I was just up that way last week.
Spent most of the morning taking advantage of a beautiful day in Central Park... then headed up to the Cloisters and walked around the gardens there.
Upper West Side is one of my favorite areas of Manhattan... also like spending time downtown in Tribeca and the Village...
Well, I'm not there just yet but I will be in a couple of weeks. And yeah...... NYC does rock in spite of the Jets!! I can't wait to make this move. So 'WharfRat' being from S Jersey.... Are you a regular at the Dolphins SportzBar in East Hannover?? I love going there.... Just wish it was in a more convenient location!!!:(

Dolphination73 said:
Well, I'm not there just yet but I will be in a couple of weeks. And yeah...... NYC does rock in spite of the Jets!! I can't wait to make this move. So 'WharfRat' being from S Jersey.... Are you a regular at the Dolphins SportzBar in East Hannover?? I love going there.... Just wish it was in a more convenient location!!!:(

Actually... East Hannover would probably be more convenient for you than for me...

I live WAY down south in jersey... Cape May area... it's a 3 hr drive up the parkway to get to the city...

WharfRat said:
Actually... East Hannover would probably be more convenient for you than for me...

I live WAY down south in jersey... Cape May area... it's a 3 hr drive up the parkway to get to the city...
I'm almost a ferry ride(Cape May-Lewes ferry) away from kicking your *** right now :eek:

j/k :tongue:

Well I live in Queens in NYC, and go (or went, just graduated from Columbia) to school in the Upper West Side. But, I can't help any of you as far as bars or places to watch are concerned. I try to get as much Fin games as I can from home (if not on TV, then on the internet.)

WharfRat said:
The ferry is about 15 minutes from my house!

C'mon up and watch a game sometime! :cool:
I might have to take you up on that offer if I'm up here(Ocean City) one weekend during football season. :cool:

ckb2001 said:
Well I live in Queens in NYC, and go (or went, just graduated from Columbia) to school in the Upper West Side. But, I can't help any of you as far as bars or places to watch are concerned. I try to get as much Fin games as I can from home (if not on TV, then on the internet.)
Well may be it's time some of the 'Dolfan Mahantannites' from this site banded together and marked our territory in a NYC Sports Bar on NFL Sundays. We could piss off some Jets and Pats fans!!!:evil: There's actually a good Sports Bar on the UES (Upper East Side) called 'Ship of Fools'. I haven't been there on NFL Sundays but hung out there on a regular Saturday night. It looked like a good spot and it was highly recommended to me by a buddy who's an Eagles fan..... But that ain't important. It's food for thought for the coming season................:)

NYC Phinfans

Hey. Brooklyn Phinfan over here. Moved up here 10 years ago and have alot of Dolphin fans up here. There's a great bar on 53rd & 3rd called Doherty's, $40 all you can drink + breakfast buffett and Dolphin fans. You can't beat that. Someplace we can cheer without getting stabbed by a Jet fan.

Can't wait for the season to start, very excited (as always this time of year). Any NYers, drop me a line.

David

Back
Top Bottom