When will Feeley reach his potential? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When will Feeley reach his potential?

Mile High Fin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The way I see it, he's the next Hasselbeck IMO.

First year starting = Average (no worse than Fiedler) :)
Second year starting = Very Good, potential Pro Bowler :eek:

I believe Feeley has the goods, but it may be the 2nd year before he REALLY starts lighting it up......and each year thereafter..... :D

Sooner, rather than later, given the offense he will be in and the presence of mind he showed as a 2nd year pro third stringer who didn't even get many practice reps due to his third string status.

ckparrothead said:
Sooner, rather than later, given the offense he will be in and the presence of mind he showed as a 2nd year pro third stringer who didn't even get many practice reps due to his third string status.

However, Hasselbeck had a very good RB and some good WRs too.
But he blossomed in his 2nd year....

I just think it takes a year to FULLY develop.
Don't get me wrong, I believe he'll have some very solid games this year, but he may also struggle at times too.......but Year 2 will be his BREAKOUT YEAR... :cool:

Mile High Fin said:

Don't get me wrong, I believe he'll have some very solid games this year, but he may also struggle at times too.......but Year 2 will be his BREAKOUT YEAR... :cool:

What I think CK is saying is that since Feeley has played and had time to watch others and get coaching, it's like Bell in our secondary, he watched and went to all the meetings and this year the light has come on enough that he's completing with Auturo and Edwards, so the though is that Feeley's had the same for 3 years and hopefully can come on about the 7 or 8 game as opposed to the next year.

What I'm saying is that all quarterbacks are different. Just because Matt Hasselbeck took a while to reach his potential it does not mean Feeley will. I don't see how they should be compared other than that they both were backups and now will be starters. How long did it take Jake Delhomme to reach his potential? How about Tom Brady? What about Marc Bulger?

I'm saying that after watching what Feeley did in 4 of those 5 games, coming in relief of Donovan McNabb and Koy Detmer, I believe he's capable of reaching his potential a lot sooner than later...whatever that potential may be. He showed a lot of veteran moves when he played, stuff that obviously Brad Childress and whoever their QB coach taught him and they deserve a lot of credit. Between the check-downs, the pre-snap reads, tossing the ball on a cut-off fly route, communicating and directing RBs, and communicating with WRs to make double moves that result in TDs...Feeley showed the kind of presence of mind that makes him able to reach his potential sooner. From here, its just getting control of his streakiness, protecting him from blitzes, and getting him to protect the football while running it.

CK, I see your point.....but I just think it's dangerous to expect too much, too soon.
I hope that you're right!!!!

Either way, he should be "clicking" by Dec/Jan. That's the key.

You are right all quarterbacks were different. Hasslebeck came into Seattle with a big head. He believed he deserved to be the starter because the Seahawks traded thier number one pick for him. He is the guy who learned from the great Bret Favre. He probably would of developed the first year if he wasn't such a primemadonna jerk that he was in his first year as a Seahawk. He said it himself the best part of his development was getting benched for Dilfer. It humbled him, he took more of what Holmgren said to heart, and really worked on getting better. You can see that in the last 6 games of that season.

When he does reach it (sooner or later), I want him to do so in a Dolphins uniform. I believe that he will shine early. :D
_

A&O said:

When he does reach it (sooner or later), I want him to do so in a Dolphins uniform. I believe that he will shine early. :D
_

I agree. For better or for worse, the Fins will reap the rewards or pay the price for committing to Feeley...

I believe it'll be rewards, but it may take a little time.

PS - I like your sig. ;)

AJ and JP, I'm really looking forward to their intitial battle. :roflmao:

I crack me up...

Mile High Fin said:
The way I see it, he's the next Hasselbeck IMO.

First year starting = Average (no worse than Fiedler) :)
Second year starting = Very Good, potential Pro Bowler :eek:

I believe Feeley has the goods, but it may be the 2nd year before he REALLY starts lighting it up......and each year thereafter..... :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

How bout next year after he gets cut and tries out for the areana league.

Mile High Fin said:

If you really think he starts a single game this year you are delusional.

Back
Top Bottom