Where doing u see McIntosh contributing once healthy? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where doing u see McIntosh contributing once healthy?

Muck said:
Oh, it's no secret that he struggles in pass protection. It's just that he's really the only known option available at this time. Not a bad backup. For some reason, St. Clair's never really been given a shot at guard....or one position for that matter.

The hope is just that he doesn't start outside for us.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. He should play inside to hide his weakness as a pass protector, I think he would be a quality backup if not a good starter playing in the interior. He is the single worst offensive tackle on this team, both Smith and Carey pass-block better than him and Carey's run-blocking is much better, but I'd put him and Smith about equal in terms of run-blocking. Contrary to what other people have suggested, I think John might be the primary backup right now for every single position on the line including center (I don't see them putting Yates in there when it's St. Clair's best position). Until D-Mac comes back I see John as the backup to both tackle slots, and unless Whitlely Yates or Hadnot prove alot in TC I think he'll be the primary backup at G as well.

Finsflurry said:
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. He should play inside to hide his weakness as a pass protector, I think he would be a quality backup if not a good starter playing in the interior. He is the single worst offensive tackle on this team, both Smith and Carey pass-block better than him and Carey's run-blocking is much better, but I'd put him and Smith about equal in terms of run-blocking. Contrary to what other people have suggested, I think John might be the primary backup right now for every single position on the line including center (I don't see them putting Yates in there when it's St. Clair's best position). Until D-Mac comes back I see John as the backup to both tackle slots, and unless Whitlely Yates or Hadnot prove alot in TC I think he'll be the primary backup at G as well.

Agreed, even through I really can't say that Carey is a better anything at this point until he plays against pro's, the best of the best. Right now as a 1st rounder for us, he should be pretty good, but that has to be shown on the field.

Back
Top Bottom