Where's our OL improvements? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where's our OL improvements?

I'm surprised at the lack of urgency from ya'll about this. I understand no FA can sign until 4pm but this market is crazy. There's so much money being tossed around. Miami could probably find some depth between today at 4pm and the draft for this matter but if we want quality interior FA's that will make a difference for Tannehill and whomever will be running the ball Miami will have to be aggressive and sign guards today or tomorrow. All the good ones will be off the market soon. When you follow what's happening right now you can see players are working hard at getting deals done way before 4pm today. And teams are fighting over them.

I read last night how Boone would most likely be signing with Miami today. He very well could. But today his market has upticked to the point where as many as 7 teams are competing for him. I just don't want to left standing at the alter once more and end up signing some depth guy leaving Thomas and Turner as the starters. With our defensive shortcomings this is the draft to focus on it's rebuild and use FA to once and for all fix the OL. Just hoping Miami doesn't miss out ... again.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Boone gone.

Crap this is exactly what I'm talking about!

I'm surprised at the lack of urgency from ya'll about this. I understand no FA can sign until 4pm but this market is crazy. There's so much money being tossed around. Miami could probably find some depth between today at 4pm and the draft for this matter but if we want quality interior FA's that will make a difference for Tannehill and whomever will be running the ball Miami will have to be aggressive and sign guards today or tomorrow. All the good ones will be off the market soon. When you follow what's happening right now you can see players are working hard at getting deals done way before 4pm today. And teams are fighting over them.

I read last night how Boone would most likely be signing with Miami today. He very well could. But today his market has upticked to the point where as many as 7 teams are competing for him. I just don't want to left standing at the alter once more and end up signing some depth guy leaving Thomas and Turner as the starters. With our defensive shortcomings this is the draft to focus on it's rebuild and use FA to once and for all fix the OL. Just hoping Miami doesn't miss out ... again.

What the hell are we supposed to do? We are all just watching this unfold like you, what we say on the board doesn't impact what happens in Davie.

Osemele wasn't coming here. Brooks likely is getting a big contract too (do you know the numbers?)

My money is on Boone, which is who I'm hoping for at this point I think

You just lost your money. Schefter just reported Boone is signing with Minnesota.

What the hell are we supposed to do? We are all just watching this unfold like you, what we say on the board doesn't impact what happens in Davie.

I'm not saying we can do anything. But blowing it off like "FA hasn't started yet" is putting our heads in the sand. How long has it been since we have been dealing with OL issues? Too long and quite frankly it is inexcusable for a FO to fix it by now.

We have seen this picture before. Waste a couple late draft pics on some bums then in training camp say we like the improvement in who we have. Then again another year of Tannehill getting killed and no run game.

FA hasn't started yet.

it's 4:00 somewhere

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

We have seen this picture before. Waste a couple late draft pics on some bums then in training camp say we like the improvement in who we have. Then again another year of Tannehill getting killed and no run game.

can you imagine if that's done AGAIN?

jeff allen from kc, Geoff schwatrz from nyg

This better happen. If I was Tannehill, i'd throw in the white flag if he gets stuck with Thomas and Turner. and some late round bum.

Osemele to the Raiders
Foster to the Steelers
Jones to the Titans
Boone to the Vikings
Mack almost to the Falcons it's about done for him now

They're moving fast and FA doesn't officially start until 4pm lol. Crazy how things are shaping up already. There's still Schwartz, Vascuez, Mathis, Allen, who else? Stuck with Turner and Thomas another season lol

The Falcons know about aggressiveness. They're about to sign Mack and heavy in talks with Allen. This is how a team responds to a need in the trenches.

The Falcons know about aggressiveness. They're about to sign Mack and heavy in talks with Allen. This is how a team responds to a need in the trenches.

I just said the same thing in the free agency thread.

How many of the guys left are even good enough to plug these holes efficiently? Doesn't Jahri Evans have about a season left in him, tops??

We have Dallas Thomas, no improvement need it.

Back
Top Bottom