Which AFC East rookie will have the best season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which AFC East rookie will have the best season?

BuffaloStampede

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who do you fin fans feel will have the greatest impact as a 1st round pick this year in the division?

I'm going to have to be a homer and say Lynch of course, only becase he will have a revamped line and we obviously had a gaping hole to fill when McGayhee left. And he fits in perfectly because he can do what McGayhee couldn't: catch the ball and block.

I think Ginn also has a chance to have a good impact for the dolphins, particulary in the special teams department, but he has a long way to go to shake the bust label already given his size and where he was drafted. Overall though this is where I would rank the 1st round talent this year:

1)Lynch (bonafide Rookie of the year candidate)
2)Meriweather (pats always strike gold)
3)Ginn (slow start but will be productive late in the year)
4)Revis (will be a good DB but struggle as a rookie)

I would have to say Merriweather. He's a flat out ballhawk, can play multiple positions in the secondary, and as much as I hate to say it, it's damn near impossible not to succeed with the pats. :fire::fire:

I'll predict each of their stats for their rookie year

Lynch- 1162 Yds 8 TD's 36 Rec's 257 Yards 1 TD

Merriweather- 91 Tackles 2 Int's

Ginn- 37 Rec's 592 Yards 3 TD's 1 PR TD

Revis- 76 Tackles 2 Int's

Lynch, no doubt about it. He will be getting the bulk of the carries in Buffalo and I think hes gonna be a star right from the get go.

its difficult to compare the production of an offense player to a defense player first of all...then....i think that lynch its the logical option bcs is the rookie that will have more touches with the ball..

bad thread by the way

I'll predict each of their stats for their rookie year

Lynch- 1162 Yds 8 TD's 36 Rec's 257 Yards 1 TD

Merriweather- 91 Tackles 2 Int's

Ginn- 37 Rec's 592 Yards 3 TD's 1 PR TD

Revis- 76 Tackles 2 Int's

I think those are fairly realistic rookie projections. (assuming Buffalo intends to run the ball a whole helluva lot) Although I believe Lynch is capable of amassing the yards, I think it would take him close to 300 carries to get there.

I will go with Lynch, he comes into a great situation to start right away. i say he breaks 1000 yards and is good canidate for rookie of year.

Ginn breaks Hester's record from a year ago. NFL acknowledges impact from special special teams, and give's Ginn "Rookie of the Year" honors.............
Huh?..(waking up)...Whoa!....It was all a dream.

I'd have to say lynch for the obvious reasons. With him being a running back, and no more Mcgahee and what not. But what i said above would be nice. Let's hope Ginn make's a run for it!!!

You have to throw Paul Posluszny's name in there as well. He will most likely be the starting MLB for the Bills.

I agree with Alex. RB is the easiest to pick up right out of college and since Lynch will be the Bills focal point RB, he has to have the best chance of being the best this year.

If Ginn was the number 1 WR, or Revis the number 1 DB, or whoever the heck the Pats got blah blah blah.....then they'd have a better chance.

I agree with most here. Lynch is a good RB and will fit right in. The Bills had an awesome draft. Lynch gets my vote.

Ginn intrigues me the most though. He could have a great special teams year, and SP can win games.

I hope Meriweather can just learn our system this year, and I am psyched he can be on the same field as Harrison.

And I can't forget about Revis. Stud CB. Can he make the transition to stud NFL CB? I think so, just not his rookie year.

Oh, thats what I get for not reading the thread. Poz wasnt a 1st rounder. I still think he will have the biggest impact.

hate to say but its lynch IMO. i would rather say Ginn ( of course hes a phin) or meriweather(favorite player in college, unfortunately plays for NE but still one of my fav players)

Back
Top Bottom