which draft trade would you prefer more? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

which draft trade would you prefer more?

which draft trade would you prefer more?

• trade our #16 for a mid 20's 1st and 2nd

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • trade our #16 and one of our 7th for indys 1st, 3rd and 5th

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Montella said:
which draft trade would you prefer more? this is just a possibility...

1. trade our #16 for a mid 20's 1st and 2nd

2. trade our #16 and one of our 7th for indys 1st, 3rd and 5th

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

Went with option #1, only cause I dont want to see us move that far down the list in the first round and I like a 2 pick better than a 3 and a 5.

But, it really will depend on who is available when we are on the clock. There are a couple of players that I'd rather take at 16 than trade down.

Could someone tell me if Indy got Fred Taylor. I have been hearing about it from Indy fans at work but I can't find any info on it. If they got Fred then they won't trade.

Tureo said:
Could someone tell me if Indy got Fred Taylor. I have been hearing about it from Indy fans at work but I can't find any info on it. If they got Fred then they won't trade.

Your Indy fan friends are on the pipe.

I didnt know Indy called us with a trade package :lol:

Seriously though id take package #1

The second round seems to be where the gems are this year

Alex22 said:
I didnt know Indy called us with a trade package :lol:

Seriously though id take package #1

The second round seems to be where the gems are this year

true, it's only a possibility, if they want to trade up to get the best running back available...

I prefer to trade down if we are looking at Winter or Allen with our pick because Winter might be available at that pick or even Allen. These guys are not worth the 16th pick in my humble opinion.

Montella said:
which draft trade would you prefer more? this is just a possibility...

1. trade our #16 for a mid 20's 1st and 2nd

2. trade our #16 and one of our 7th for indys 1st, 3rd and 5th

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

This thread makes NO sense. Every fan of any team better pick #1. Hell, you even LINKED to a persuasive source that suggests a 2nd is worth substantially more than a 3rd and a 5th. Let's compare apples to apples:

Pick 60 is 300 points of hypothetical value based on this chart (which is nothing more than a rule of thumb, granted)
Pick 92 is 132 points
Pick 156 is 29 points

300 is bigger than 161. Hell, there is a good valued 3rd round pick worth of difference. It just makes it worse when you're suggesting the 3rd and 5th come with a team lower down than the 2nd round team and the 3rd and 5th require that Miami also part with a 7th.

Am I taking crazy pills here?

Back
Top Bottom