which is a biger need for us? dt or de | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

which is a biger need for us? dt or de

Lorenzo Rules

Active Roster
Reaction score
with us letting one of dt's go recently I am curious if we need more then one dt and do we we we need a de . our pssrush was none existant last year and this played a part with how our secondary played.

so with cb being the biggest need and we posibly need 2 cornerbacks DO we need 1 dt and 1 de or do we need 2 dt's and 1 de ?

our needs i think would be like this but this my observation only.

#1 CB

#2 dt

#3 linebacker
#4 wr

#5 another dt

#6 de

note this isnt my moch draft nor the draft order just my priority or what i wonder about is a priority.

DE is the one position we're pretty solid at. Look at the DEs we have and the DTs we have, where they were drafted, thier age, etc, and, seriously tell me why we have a need at DE.

we have a 3-4 defense.. DE is not the position that is supposed to provide top notch pass rushing.. and we are set at DE with langford and merling.. id say DT simply because J.ferg is old and cant hold up to much longer

With last year's draft picks Kendall Langford and Phillip Merling, along with Randy Starks and the newly acquired Tony McDaniel, I think the bigger need is NT.

I think he was referring to Holliday...who was a DE, only a dt for a 4-3 team. We replaced him with McDaniels. With Langford, Merling, Daniels, and Starks I think we are pretty set at DE. We will find out this weekend how the FO feels about Solai, Cohen, and Dotson backing up Ferg....I tend to think we arnt going to take a NT before rd. 4 at the earliest.

Its not even close. We need to improve DT. We have one solid older guy in Ferg and basically nothing else. We need a guy to replace him. If we dont draft a DE we still look pretty damn good there,. Dt is a huge need and behind CB is our biggest need.

Whoever they draft at NT will have to beat out Cohen and Soliai just to make the team.

That isn't going to be nearly as easy as a lot of people think.

Cohen is already pushing Soliai.

A late pick could be put on the PS but most mocks have us going after the mid-round guys and IMO it is too risky to bother with.

Why waste a 5th round pick on a kid who has little chance of making the roster when we could just use a 7th or acquire a URFA and put that guy on the PS for a couple of years while Cohen and Soliai show what they can do.

Not only that, next year's DT class is rich with talent. This years crop suffered blight.

Back
Top Bottom