Which new head coach do the Jets, Bills, and Pats fans NOT want to see in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which new head coach do the Jets, Bills, and Pats fans NOT want to see in Miami?

The New Guy

Starter
Reaction score
I should have asked this question before the end of the regular season since the only Jets fan that hasn't run away is nyjunc. :lol: Then again, the Bills fans were gone midway through the season.

Out of all the coaches that are available (You don't have to limit the choices to the ones that have been interviewed by the Dolphins) just the realistic ones. No Gruden or Cowher since they are probably not coaching anyone this year.

Gruden was pretty much the only guy I didn't want to see end up down there. Other than that it really doesn't make a difference to me, TBH. The thing is that most of the other candidates are going to be guys with little or no HC experience, Fisher probably being the only exception. That being the case I don't really have enough insight to feel strongly any which-way. My instinct would say, "please don't let them hire anyone from Green Bay" but plucking a coach from a great team doesn't necessarily translate into winning (see the Pats' recent HC flops).

So yeah, I don't really have a strong feeling at all towards the Dolphins head coach search.

Gruden was pretty much the only guy I didn't want to see end up down there. Other than that it really doesn't make a difference to me, TBH. The thing is that most of the other candidates are going to be guys with little or no HC experience, Fisher probably being the only exception. That being the case I don't really have enough insight to feel strongly any which-way. My instinct would say, "please don't let them hire anyone from Green Bay" but plucking a coach from a great team doesn't necessarily translate into winning (see the Pats' recent HC flops).

So yeah, I don't really have a strong feeling at all towards the Dolphins head coach search.

Would you be happier if they hired Fisher (who has experience but not an outstanding success), or one of the coordinators that is an unknown?

Nick Saban...now theres a true championship HC

:lol: I don't like the guy for obvious reasons. Not drafting Rodgers when we had Frerotte and Sage as our QBs still makes me sick to this day. Then signing Culpepper over Brees. :hsmash: It makes you wonder what could have been.

I do think that if Saban had the drive and desire to be an NFL coach, I think he could be successful at the NFL level. I just never want to see him near Miami ever again. :lol:

It doesn't really matter who the opposing HC is. You want to beat the best. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins went with Perry Fewell as their HC in 2012. Not saying Fewell is the best, but it'll be tough to get a former HC (non-interim, that is) seeing what Ireland and Ross did last year in trying to woo Harbaugh.

It doesn't really matter who the opposing HC is. You want to beat the best. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins went with Perry Fewell as their HC in 2012. Not saying Fewell is the best, but it'll be tough to get a former HC (non-interim, that is) seeing what Ireland and Ross did last year in trying to woo Harbaugh.

I don't think the Harbaugh thing has a lot to do with it. We lost out on Fisher becasue he wanted full control, and honestly I am not disappointed that we didn't give in.

I am leaning towards Zimmer as I think he is the most "Coach ready" if you will. Carmichael is intriguing to me (O oriented) but I don't think he is as ready to be a head coach as Zimmer is.

I would be surprised if they even care. I damn sure wouldnt.

they don't care, we are a damn joke

I was worried that Cowher or Gruden would go there, they would turn that team around in no time.

Back
Top Bottom