Which one would you have taken instead? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which one would you have taken instead?

Prakk

We're the Fanchise
Reaction score
Who would you have taken instead of Jason Allen?

Analyse this draft. We were in the top half of the draft by order, meaning we were in the bottom half of NFL success last year. Granted we were the best of the worst, but we're in the bottom half. You can't say "Why didn't we draft so & so" in the top half because they were gone. Vince Young dreams are made of smoke.

Here's who we passed on that the most successful half of the teams in the NFL took, excluding what resulted from trades. Who would you have taken instead? Why?

17.) Minnesota Greenway, Chad OLB Iowa
18.) Dallas Carpenter, Bobby OLB Ohio State
19.) San Diego Cromartie, Antonio CB Florida State
20.) Kansas City Hali, Tamba DE Penn State
21.) New England Maroney, Laurence RB Minnesota
22.) San Francisco (from Washington through Denver) Lawson, Manny OLB North Carolina State
23.) Tampa Bay Joseph, Davin G Oklahoma
24.) Cincinnati Joseph, Johnathan CB South Carolina
25.) Pittsburgh (from N.Y. Giants) Holmes, Santonio WR Ohio State
26.) Buffalo (from Chicago) McCargo, John DT North Carolina State
27.) Carolina Williams, DeAngelo RB Memphis
28.) Jacksonville Lewis, Marcedes TE UCLA
29.) N.Y. Jets (from Denver) Mangold, Nick C Ohio State
30.) Indianapolis Addai, Joseph RB Louisiana State
31.) Seattle Jennings, Kelly CB Miami (Fla.)
32.) N.Y. Giants (from Pittsburgh)Kiwanuka, Mathias DE Boston College

All of these teams with the exception of the the Bills, Jets and 49ers are officially certified as "smarter" than we are. What did they "get" that we didn't?

Links

All these players by the way, are linked to their nfl.com bio's. This includes tidbits like who tore their ACL.

Santonio Holmes...but I can live with Allen.

I wanted Lawson or Carpenter@16

I do think in a couple years Allen will be the best saftey taken in the draft barring injuries..

49ers rule?

AtticusFinz said:
"I wanted Lawson or Carpenter@16

I do think in a couple years Allen will be the best saftey taken in the draft barring injuries.."
Lawson is a certified "dumb" pick by virtue of SF's order of finish. I take it that you think they've turned the corner in terms of coaching and scouting.

Cromartie, Lawson, Carpenter, Greenway, maybe Holmes...but I think Allen fits our system great and will be an excellent player at either safety or CB.

Prakk said:
Lawson is a certified "dumb" pick by virtue of SF's order of finish. I take it that you think they've turned the corner in terms of coaching and scouting.

Saban is only a year removed from college so i do belive he has an advantage knowing top prospects from,scouting,recruiting,coaching&gameplaning against.

That's two.

Two votes for SF's current management as smarter than we are. I'm curious, with Ricky Retired out of the picture, again, why does no one think Laurence Maroney, The Genius Franchise's pick wasn't a good idea? :dolphins:

Prakk said:
Analyse this draft. We were in the top half of the draft by order, meaning we were in the bottom half of NFL success last year. Granted we were the best of the worst, but we're in the bottom half. You can't say "Why didn't we draft so & so" in the top half because they were gone. Vince Young dreams are made of smoke.

Here's who we passed on that the most successful half of the teams in the NFL took, excluding what resulted from trades. Who would you have taken instead? Why?

17.) Minnesota Greenway, Chad OLB Iowa
18.) Dallas Carpenter, Bobby OLB Ohio State
19.) San Diego Cromartie, Antonio CB Florida State
20.) Kansas City Hali, Tamba DE Penn State
21.) New England Maroney, Laurence RB Minnesota
22.) San Francisco (from Washington through Denver) Lawson, Manny OLB North Carolina State
23.) Tampa Bay Joseph, Davin G Oklahoma
24.) Cincinnati Joseph, Johnathan CB South Carolina
25.) Pittsburgh (from N.Y. Giants) Holmes, Santonio WR Ohio State
26.) Buffalo (from Chicago) McCargo, John DT North Carolina State
27.) Carolina Williams, DeAngelo RB Memphis
28.) Jacksonville Lewis, Marcedes TE UCLA
29.) N.Y. Jets (from Denver) Mangold, Nick C Ohio State
30.) Indianapolis Addai, Joseph RB Louisiana State
31.) Seattle Jennings, Kelly CB Miami (Fla.)
32.) N.Y. Giants (from Pittsburgh)Kiwanuka, Mathias DE Boston College

All of these teams with the exception of the the Bills, Jets and 49ers are officially certified as "smarter" than we are. What did they "get" that we didn't?

I would've taken Greenway or Holmes. But I don't know what else Saban has planned (i.e. is he going to take a WR or LB later on).

Back
Top Bottom