Which team is better, Jets or Dolphins? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which team is better, Jets or Dolphins?

Better?

• Total voters
This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen in this forum and there is a lot of competition (including some of my own.)

Could some kind Fin Fan please use this:

clear.gif

Thank You!

Damn, who's *** is that on your avatar?? :up:

What is up with all the trolls lately?

Go hop out your mothers basement and find a job or something.

And of course, my pick is the Dolphins, I will never say the Jests are better, **** the Jests...

Unfortunately the economy is bad for them and this board.

The Jets are 1 game up and it should be a landslide? They're on a roll but so are the Dolphins. Last year the Cowboys were a far superior team than the Giants until the playoffs.

The Jets have a better record so as of now they're the better team.

Saying the Jets doesn't make me a homer or anybody else wrong, it is the fact. The Jets are a 1st place team, have a better record, and are 1-0 head-to-head, yet this board is going 75% Dolphins. There is so much homer here that this might as well be an episode of The Simpsons :rolleyes:.

Here's a few other "facts"

It's a FACT that Miami is playing a lot better football.

It's a FACT that Miami has beaten three of the teams that the Jets have lost to.

It's a FACT that you're most likely ***el.

The Jets are SLIGHTLY better than the Dolphins at this point. As they should be since they signed a lot of "name" players during the offseason.

I will say that the Jets are built more for now than for the long term. They have a lot of good players, but they are older players. The Dolphins are setting themselves up to be good for quite a few years. Mangini and co are setting up to win this season. This is extactly what Wannstedt did with the Dolphins. Sure you get some good years and even trips to the playoffs, but it eventually falls apart, just like it did for the Dolphins. I think the Jets will be good a year or two, not great, but this team will implode very soon. Favre is no spring chicken. lol.
Your WRONG. Jets good players are all old????? D'Brickashaw Ferguson=24 Nick Mangold=24 David Harris=24 Calvin Pace=27 Darrelle Revis=23 Kerry Rhodes=26 Jerricho Cotchery=26 Dustin Keller=23 Leon Washington=26 Dwight Lowery=22

You don't honestly think the Jets are only going to be good for this year then they will be garbage because of a few old guys? The difference between Mangini and Wannstedt is Mangini drafts EXTREMELY WELL. Vernon Gholston is looking like the first miss in a Mangini/Tannenbaum draft. The Jets are trying to compete every year, they used what they could to get a good team together. They will find replacements. I hope the Jets stick it out with Mangini, sure at times he makes dumb coaching moves. But he is a bright young coach, he can be here for a long time. I see him being a successful coach in the NFL. Him and Tannenbaum work well together.
QB is really our biggest question mark going in the future. Faneca is 31 he has a good 3-4 years left. Damien Woody is 30, I see him having another 3-4 years left. Kris Jenkins is 29, I see him having a good 5 years left. Ty Law is only a patch up for this season. Basically Brett is the only question, I think he'll be back next season. Hopefully one of the QBs we are grooming pan out.

I like the direction the Dolphins are heading, I think our division as a whole will be very competitive. Really the only team heading downward is the Patriots, every other team is improving.

Your WRONG. Jets good players are all old????? D'Brickashaw Ferguson=24 Nick Mangold=24 David Harris=24 Calvin Pace=27 Darrelle Revis=23 Kerry Rhodes=26 Jerricho Cotchery=26 Dustin Keller=23 Leon Washington=26 Dwight Lowery=22

You don't honestly think the Jets are only going to be good for this year then they will be garbage because of a few old guys? The difference between Mangini and Wannstedt is Mangini drafts EXTREMELY WELL. Vernon Gholston is looking like the first miss in a Mangini/Tannenbaum draft. The Jets are trying to compete every year, they used what they could to get a good team together. They will find replacements. I hope the Jets stick it out with Mangini, sure at times he makes dumb coaching moves. But he is a bright young coach, he can be here for a long time. I see him being a successful coach in the NFL. Him and Tannenbaum work well together.
QB is really our biggest question mark going in the future. Faneca is 31 he has a good 3-4 years left. Damien Woody is 30, I see him having another 3-4 years left. Kris Jenkins is 29, I see him having a good 5 years left. Ty Law is only a patch up for this season. Basically Brett is the only question, I think he'll be back next season. Hopefully one of the QBs we are grooming pan out.

I like the direction the Dolphins are heading, I think our division as a whole will be very competitive. Really the only team heading downward is the Patriots, every other team is improving.

It's strange how it's an every other year thing for the Jets. They look like absolute garbage one year. The next year they're a playoff team. Qb is the biggest question mark for the Jets going forward. Even if Brett comesback next year they still have to get a guy in place. Right now I don't think they've got that guy on the roster.

Gholston was raw and a project coming out. It's way too early to call him a hit or a miss.

You are aware the Pats best player, probably the best player in the league is injured and out for the season don't you? I don't think the Pats are going in the wrong direction. They were one win away from a perfect season last year and this year are winning without a superstar runingback or their best player. If anything, the Bills are the worst team in the division and that's more because of coaching, FO and ownership then youth and talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are aware the Pats best player, probably the best player in the league is injured and out for the season don't you? I don't think the Pats are going in the wrong direction. They were one win away from a perfect season last year and this year are winning without a superstar runingback or their best player. If anything, the Bills are the worst team in the division and that's more because of coaching, FO and ownership then youth and talent.

New England is one of if not the best run franchise in pro sports. I look at Detroit in hockey, San Antonio in basketball, baseball is different because of teams with greedy owners. If anything compared to other sports teams can turn it around in the NFL quickly. The last two seasons with Miami I think it boils down to the culture around the team. Saban is lying and about to leave and Cam is imcompentent. Now I think they've got people who've won and a QB who many people on this board hated changing the team. I'm not a Pennington fan but it seems with him and the arrival of Parcells the team has an attitude.

When Parcells was hired I told a friend that Henne was a Parcells guy. He's yet to do anything in the pros. Though I think a strong armed guy whose played in bad weather will help him out within the division. He was the 3rd Qb that I wanted. Though the one we got. You've seen me post that i've liked what the Bills have done. Edwards has potential but i'm wondering if he has the arm to play in Buffalo.

It's strange how it's an every other year thing for the Jets. They look like absolute garbage one year. The next year they're a playoff team. Qb is the biggest question mark for the Jets going forward. Even if Brett comesback next year they still have to get a guy in place. Right now I don't think they've got that guy on the roster.

Gholston was raw and a project coming out. It's way too early to call him a hit or a miss.

Yeah it has been every other year for the Jets. Whats it been for you?

And one of the biggest reasons it was every other year with the Jets was because Chad Pennington was not able to stay healthy. He missed half of 03 and all of 05 and got benched in 07.

Yeah it has been every other year for the Jets. Whats it been for you?

And one of the biggest reasons it was every other year with the Jets was because Chad Pennington was not able to stay healthy. He missed half of 03 and all of 05 and got benched in 07.

He wasn't talking trash, he was proviging a fact. We have been an every other year team since 2002.

Well this discussion is over for the time being. Lets go Jets.

Why are you even here? Seriously what is the point of you being here. Are you so insecure that you need to come to a rival teams fan website to feel good about yourself &/or your team?

Shoo, go away!

Back
Top Bottom