Whitner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whitner

CC Coach

Starter
Reaction score
Whitner will be Saban's pick. Cromatie had surgery so I think they will take Whitner.For those that did not see all of Ohio State's games, he is an outstanding tackler and can blitz. He covered a lot of the slot WRs and is great leader and student. He should be a starter immediately.

CC Coach said:
Whitner will be Saban's pick. Cromatie had surgery so I think they will take Whitner.For those that did not see all of Ohio State's games, he is an outstanding tackler and can blitz. He covered a lot of the slot WRs and is great leader and student. He should be a starter immediately.

Can I quote you on that come Sunday? I think there will be alot of disappointed Buckeye/Dolphin fans when Saban doesn't pick any Buckeyes. He likes SEC players better (and knows them better). I'm hoping he goes ACC with this years 1st. I would like AJ Hawk but we all know he won't be there....

WaxOn WaxOff said:
Can I quote you on that come Sunday? I think there will be alot of disappointed Buckeye/Dolphin fans when Saban doesn't pick any Buckeyes. He likes SEC players better (and knows them better). I'm hoping he goes ACC with this years 1st. I would like AJ Hawk but we all know he won't be there....
So why did he pick Matt Roth from Iowa last year? If Saban thinks Whitner is the best player available at 16 then that is who he will draft.

Geforce said:
So why did he pick Matt Roth from Iowa last year?

Which was the only one of our top 4 that he didn't hit a home run with. All the others were SEC players and played significant roles last year. And no doubt Nick will pick who Nick thinks is best. We can all be thankful for that. We'll see come Saturday.

WaxOn WaxOff said:
Which was the only one of our top 4 that he didn't hit a home run with. All the others were SEC players and played significant roles last year. And no doubt Nick will pick who Nick thinks is best. We can all be thankful for that. We'll see come Saturday.

so hes a bust already? after 1 year barely played or got the chance? according to carter "He shold be a tornado when he comes in the game and has improved drastically since he came in"

I've been on the "Draft Donte Whitner" bandwagon since the offseason began, and I'm not even a buckeye fan.

SR 7 said:
so hes a bust already? /QUOTE]

I think you're putting words in my mouth. The post I wrote is accurate as written. And I think safety and WR should not be 1st round picks, unless at the end of the 1st round. Good ones can be had later. I have been watching the draft live every year since 1981, and the only safety's I would have taken this high would have been Ronnie Lott and Ken Easley. Nothing wrong with Whitner, but give me a great CB any day over a great Safety. They're harder to find. And before you reply about WR's, yes there have been a few that were worthy of a high pick, but for every Rice I can name 2 Yatil Green's. I don't think there's a can't miss receiver in this year's class. My opinion, FWIW. Yours may certainly differ.

WaxOn WaxOff said:
SR 7 said:
so hes a bust already? /QUOTE]

I think you're putting words in my mouth. The post I wrote is accurate as written. And I think safety and WR should not be 1st round picks, unless at the end of the 1st round. Good ones can be had later. I have been watching the draft live every year since 1981, and the only safety's I would have taken this high would have been Ronnie Lott and Ken Easley. Nothing wrong with Whitner, but give me a great CB any day over a great Safety. They're harder to find. And before you reply about WR's, yes there have been a few that were worthy of a high pick, but for every Rice I can name 2 Yatil Green's. I don't think there's a can't miss receiver in this year's class. My opinion, FWIW. Yours may certainly differ.

I NEVR said anythign about a WR so please, TWO in OUR SCHEME S is more important then CB just to let you know. and there are many more S i'd take rd one since then...heard of S tayloR? r. williams? polamalu?

SR 7 said:
WaxOn WaxOff said:
I NEVR said anythign about a WR so please, TWO in OUR SCHEME S is more important then CB just to let you know. and there are many more S i'd take rd one since then...heard of S tayloR? r. williams? polamalu?

Ok, I'll give on Taylor. Not the others. I think a top CB is harder to find and more valuable than Safety, in ANY SCHEME. Did Nick even draft a safety last year? If it was so important in OUR SCHEME you would think Nick would have tried to get the best talent he could find rather than signing a few vets to moderate contracts. We'll find out on Saturday, eh?

Whitner would probably be the smartest pick for us other than say Michael Huff. But no way is huff there at 16 so we have to go with the 2nd best safety. Has a lot of potential to be a force in the league.

WaxOn WaxOff said:
SR 7 said:
Ok, I'll give on Taylor. Not the others. I think a top CB is harder to find and more valuable than Safety, in ANY SCHEME. Did Nick even draft a safety last year? If it was so important in OUR SCHEME you would think Nick would have tried to get the best talent he could find rather than signing a few vets to moderate contracts. We'll find out on Saturday, eh?

maybe b/c he could'nt address more pressing needs in FA so he had to take ht ones available to fill the 234234 holes we had and draft the ones we couln'dt get in FA. think about that? and TROY IS 234234 times better then taylor what are you talking about? no credit to him? he is a ZT in the secondary bro

WaxOn WaxOff said:

You can quote me on Sunday...we are not going to take Whitner, but we are going to take a Buckeye (Santonio Holmes, WR). Ohio State is also known as Wide Receiver U as of late. Who cares which conference he drafts players from?

Back
Top Bottom