Who are the best players available? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are the best players available?

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Reaction score
Who are the players that have the best chance at Pro Bowls and Hall of Fame?

You have to put Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields at the top. More QBs make the HOF than other positions. Sewell is the top position player or that is the consensus opinion. Figuring out the next group is not as easy. Devonta Smith would be the next player on my board.

Everyone sees it differently. There can be arguments made for Parsons, Chase, Surtain, Farley, Rousseau, and many others. RBs have a very hard time making it to the HOF. It is a passing league, Not many bell cows anymore. I still see the value in truly great RBs though.

The best drafts to me are when you take best player available. Reaching for needs will get you a roster full of mediocrity. It’s funny how all the mocks start looking similar, but they end up so wrong. Figuring out bpa is very difficult.

Penei Sewell
Micah Parsons
Patrick Surtain II

Are all ELITE prospects in my eyes. They all look like future all pros.

Great list. That is always such a difficult question because it obviously depends on many factors like talent, team, scheme fit, health, luck etc.

Sewell and Lawrence seem the most likely. Several receivers have a real shot.

Who are the players that have the best chance at Pro Bowls and Hall of Fame?

We will not know until after the combine. It is complicated because you need to build a scouting report that has information on who they were as recruits, what they did in college, how they perform, what their frame is, what their athletic ability is, commitment level, competitiveness, leadership, etc., and how they will fit within your team, and everything has to check out and be at high level . And then you have to sort them out.
For us on the couch scouts it boils down to performance and athletic ability (combine measurements). But to reduce all that to who we like based on youtube film is really not good enough.

Lawrence
Sewell
Humphrey
Davis
Pitts
Chase
Parsons
Surtain/Farley

These guys are the best at their positions in my view.

I do not see a DL or S deserving of "elite" status right now.

If Rousseau had played this year and tore it up I would have him on the list at DE.

Back
Top Bottom