Who Had the Highest 4th Quarter QBR in this past Post Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Had the Highest 4th Quarter QBR in this past Post Season?

82YARDotBOMB said:
some of those qb's played in some really good conditions, try putting up great stats in that froze bowl pats/tenn playoff game, or that chitty weather snow game vs pats/colts. you must factor stuff like that in.

I understand, the weather has alot to do with the passing aspect, specially if its cold. But those stats are those of the QB efficiency while passing period. The weather should be included in the game plan or if you are behind you need to say that the weather cannot stop your execution. It did not stop T. Brady's execution in the 4th quarter.

Here was Brady's at the NE game against us, in that snow bowl, last year in the 4th quarter- 5 comp, 7 att (75%), 62 yds (8.86 YPA), 0 TD, 0 INT, and a QBR of 98.5 %. And, this was before JF threw the INT for a TD, that sealed the loss. In the 1st 3 quarter Brady had 11 comp, 24 att (46%), 111 yds (4.62 YPA), 0 TD, INT, 3 sacks and a QBR of 59.5%. Brady took it up a notch in the 4th quarter as you can see.

JF's numbers for the same quarter was 7 comp, 15 att (47%), 94 yds (6.27 YPA), 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 safety and a QBR of 39%. It's funny he did worst in the 1st 3 quarters with 6 comp, 16 att (37%), 17 yds (1.6 YPA), 0 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks, and a QBR of 19.7%... :shakeno:

Same senario, 2 different QBs, just that one had a 3 point lead and executed very well in the 4th quarter when the game was still on the line, while the other seemed lost and confused and made poor decisions...

Fiedler led the league in 4th quater QB rating if you look back a couple of season ago.

Disnardo said:
I understand, the weather has alot to do with the passing aspect, specially if its cold. But those stats are those of the QB efficiency while passing period. The weather should be included in the game plan or if you are behind you need to say that the weather cannot stop your execution. It did not stop T. Brady's execution in the 4th quarter.

Here was Brady's at the NE game against us, in that snow bowl, last year in the 4th quarter- 5 comp, 7 att (75%), 62 yds (8.86 YPA), 0 TD, 0 INT, and a QBR of 98.5 %. And, this was before JF threw the INT for a TD, that sealed the loss. In the 1st 3 quarter Brady had 11 comp, 24 att (46%), 111 yds (4.62 YPA), 0 TD, INT, 3 sacks and a QBR of 59.5%. Brady took it up a notch in the 4th quarter as you can see.

JF's numbers for the same quarter was 7 comp, 15 att (47%), 94 yds (6.27 YPA), 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 safety and a QBR of 39%. It's funny he did worst in the 1st 3 quarters with 6 comp, 16 att (37%), 17 yds (1.6 YPA), 0 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks, and a QBR of 19.7%... :shakeno:

Same senario, 2 different QBs, just that one had a 3 point lead and executed very well in the 4th quarter when the game was still on the line, while the other seemed lost and confused and made poor decisions...

You can't really compared the talent level Jay Fiedler had on the side of offense in those two playoffs games.Jay Fiedler did alot despite the amount talent sorrounding him for example '01.When he lead the league in 4th quater QB rating despite having a horrible Oline and Lamar Smith.

minus said:
Fiedler led the league in 4th quater QB rating if you look back a couple of season ago.
I agree with you maybe on this one issue, though I need to find these stats. So that would mean he has peaked and has regressed...

...But, that was 2 years ago, we need to upgrade the position, this year, next year or the one after, but we need to... ;)

Pigskinguy wrote,
I agree that that the numbers don't always tell the real story.......but he is still better than Feidler.
Actually, I believe all thirteen qb's on that list is better than Fiedler. Although the Fins conservative approach to the game surely keep Fiedler from having higher fourth quarter ratings.

Oh yes, and also the Wannstedt approach, when the team is down..... "it's hard to come back when you are fourteen points down"
(and there's only what, fifty seven minutes left to play?):rolleyes:

Disnardo said:
I agree with you maybe on this one issue, though I need to find these stats. So that would mean he has peaked and has regressed...

...But, that was 2 years ago, we need to upgrade the position, this year, next year or the one after, but we need to... ;)

Either JF or the OL regressed. IMO it was the OL. Behind good protection I think JF has the ability to move from "avg." to maybe "good", but that's it. My hope is that AJ will be "good" and that with protection has the potential to be "great".

You should always look to upgrade and I want an upgrade to JF. It's just that IMO our QB play has been avg. while our OL and WR play was below avg. I see the OL as the biggest reason behind our offensive struggles. I know that QB is the most important single position. However, I think that the play of the OL as a unit is even more important.

Who had the worst rating on 4th Quarter, 4th downs and 3rd downs and Overtime ? Yes Jay did, as far as the rating from and half seasons ago it´s too much for me. Jay had the worst Rating on those situations period.

gordolphin said:
Who had the worst rating on 4th Quarter, 4th downs and 3rd downs and Overtime ? Yes Jay did, as far as the rating from and half seasons ago it´s too much for me. Jay had the worst Rating on those situations period.

huh?

In '02 he was leading the league in 3rd % before the injury and remain in the top 10 after coming back.

Back
Top Bottom