Who is the most overrated NFL Coach ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the most overrated NFL Coach ever?

Who is the most overrated NFL coach ever?

• Dungy

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Parcells

• Cowher

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Gibbs

• Gruden

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Belichick

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Holmgren

• Jimmy Johnson

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
To me it's Cowher. Year after year Cowher had good players but never really did much with them. They got very lucky to win their ONE Superbowl with Cowher as coach a couple years ago. I don't understand why they label this guy a great coach. :confused:

I voted for Jimmy Johnson he didn't have to deal with the cap when he built the Cowboy team that won the superbowls. They even won after he was gone. If he had came into the NFL after the cap would he done as good, looking at the phins I would say NO.

Gruden should run away with this thing. While he makes a good influence at first his teams seem to go down hill really fast after that

NO WAY JOE GIBBS IS ON THIS LIST!! HE WON 3 SB's WITH 3 DIFFERENT QB's!!!

Shanahan is up there. How many playoff games has he won WITHOUT Elway. It's either 1 or 0. I think its ZERO!

Shula being 2-4 in Super Bowls. His record should be much better. Biggest choke of all time letting the Jets beat his Colts. Only getting to 1 SB with Marino. All time wins has more to do with longevity.

I really don't think Belichick should be up there. To win 3 Super Bowls in in 4 years during this era is truly amazing. He has reloaded year after year and made the Patriots team the team to beat in the AFC East. As much as it pains me to say this, the Pats have been great this decade.

I voted for Johnson by the way. Aikman, Smith and Irving, enough said. :lol:

I really don't think Belichick should be up there. To win 3 Super Bowls in in 4 years during this era is truly amazing. He has reloaded year after year and made the Patriots team the team to beat in the AFC East. As much as it pains me to say this, the Pats have been great this decade.

Just think............If MO LEWIS doesn't knock Drew Bledsoe into dream streat on Sep 23rd, 2001.

Tom Brady is still riding a bench and not having kids with super models

Bill Belichick is an assistant coach following around to Parcells to this day

The Pats don't have 1 SB championship let alone 3

We would have never heard of the "tuck rule" ever!!

Just think............If MO LEWIS doesn't knock Drew Bledsoe into dream streat on Sep 23rd, 2001.

:sidelol:

I think this post might belong in Flipper's Finest man, great point and great humor!

Suprisingly enough, I've NEVER thought of it that way. That's simply amazing!

to be fair to Gruden, he won a Super Bowl with a great defense and a horrible offense(also a very old offense), and has had to rebuild the O (and this year he did a nice job revamping the D)
well he was thrown into a team that had a good situation going for them already then after a year they suck which shows he cant coach a coach comes in with a team already formed how the former coach made them.

Other: Mike Ditka
Was this guy even a "good" coach? :dunno:
c'mon....with the talent they had back then, the '85 Bears' should've been a "dynasty"....and that stint with New Orleans? :rolleyes:

The question is, was Brady not given the chance to compete with Blesdoe in practice? Or was he just suddenly a great QB once given the reins to start?

The question is, was Brady not given the chance to compete with Blesdoe in practice? Or was he just suddenly a great QB once given the reins to start?

Bledsoe was the #1 overall pick of the draft. Had a huge contract. Brady was a 6th round scrub draft pick who split time in college

Brady never competed for anything. It was Drew's job.

Brady got a chance and made the most of it to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom