Who Is This Guy Sippio? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is This Guy Sippio?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any good? Anyone follow the arena league? What's his size speed?

He's probably on his way out. Once they start moving you to different positions it's not a good sign.

He's listed as 6'3", 215 and I think he ran the 40 in the 4.5 range or so (not sure). He has the physical tools to be a good WR, but I'm not sure about the mental aspect yet.

His Arena League stats: 75 rec./1218 yards/32 TD's

miamirw said:
Any good? Anyone follow the arena league? What's his size speed?

Bobby Sippio, who spent the past off-season playing wide receiver/defensive back for the Dallas Desperados of the Arena League, switched to wide receiver Monday morning after spending the first week of training camp at defensive back.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3362

he is 6-3, 215 and was good in the AFL

Played with the Greensboro Prowlers of Arena League 2 in 2003 and was voted as that league’s Ironman of the Year as he caught 57 passes for 1,009 yards and 27 touchdowns on offense, and posted 66 tackles and five interceptions on defense

http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerroom/teamroster/playerBio.asp?docid=14888

From what I've read his guy "could be" a great pick up he's raw but very fast and very good hands he had some problems but nothing to stress over. I hope he turns out to be better then Orande we shall see.

Gladsadmad said:
He's probably on his way out. Once they start moving you to different positions it's not a good sign.

Actually he's a MUCH better WR than CB. I don't know why they had him playing CB. But you're right...he'll probably land on the practice squad.

they probably moved him because we need more help at wr than DB.
he did well at both positions. but it is arena football

Gladsadmad said:

He led the arena league this year in receptions and TD's. He played both DB and Receiver. The dolphins started him on the Defensive side and now because of Boston, I think they're giving him a chance to see if he can be as effective as he was earlier this year in the arena league. He's listed on the roster as a DB\WR. From what I understand he's another talented kid from FL who kind of got lost in the College thing with grades and stuff like that.

Hmmmmmm... I seem to remember another big Arena League receiver who made good with the Dolphins. I think his name was Orande Gadsen?

BassFin said:
Hmmmmmm... I seem to remember another big Arena League receiver who made good with the Dolphins. I think his name was Orande Gadsen?

Don't forget Arena star WR Chris Jackson. He was cut early in camp last year. We'll have to see what Sippio does in preseason.

BassFin said:

Who?? :tongue:

Seriously though, I really hope they use Sippio during the preseason games, just to see what he's got. He's actually more physically gifted than a lot of our back up recievers, only problem is he's still very raw.

I saw Sippio catch a few nice balls when i went to training camp... i think he might be alright at WR.

Gladsadmad said:
Don't forget Arena star WR Chris Jackson. He was cut early in camp last year. We'll have to see what Sippio does in preseason.

Oh, I'm not annointing him the next OG. But they're both big, strong receivers and they both started their Dolphins careers as training camp long shots out of the AFL. SO you never know...

Being able to play both WR and DB has to be a plus for Sippio. The way this offseason has went you never know what position might be decimated next. If Sippio is at least reasonably talented at both positions I cant see how you could not keep him on the team. We'd be getting 2 backup players for one salary/roster spot.

Back
Top Bottom