who needs a playoff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who needs a playoff

Kdawg954 said:
Iono but it would be nice to have like a 8 team playoff.

Ohio State
Michigan
SEC Winner
USC
Notre DAme
Big East Winner
ACC Winner
Big 12 Winner

LoL even with this, still no room for Boise State . . . nothing seems to work.
Take out the two loss ACC winner, or USC/ND loser. It's still a tough call, but FAR better than the current system.

finswin56 said:
Take out the two loss ACC winner, or USC/ND loser. It's still a tough call, but FAR better than the current system.

Nah I mean u gotta throw in the conference winners from the 6 major ones. How can u win a big conference like the ACC and not be in the title game . . .even in a off year, that just wouldn't be right.

Kdawg954 said:
Nah I mean u gotta throw in the conference winners from the 6 major ones. How can u win a big conference like the ACC and not be in the title game . . .even in a off year, that just wouldn't be right.
I'd have no problem with it. The whole thing is based on subjective voting anyway. Why should there be automatics?

A playoff is needed by anyone who prefers that the games be decided on the field. Right now all we have is a fantasy football version.

finswin56 said:
I'd have no problem with it. The whole thing is based on subjective voting anyway. Why should there be automatics?

I mean u are right, the best teams should be there. But I just don't believe u could disregard a conference champion from one of the major conferences. I mean I don't wanna see 4 SEC teams in the playoff because they "may" be 4 of the best 8 teams . . . thats kind of what the season is for. I wanna see the conference winners and 2 "at Large" teams.

shanem40 said:
every year many fans complain about the bcs but every year it works it slef out and we always get a great game including one of the best game of all time last year and could you immagine if michigan and ohio state would have rest there player today for a palyoff

dawg you sure u 17 you sound more like 14.

man this aint no nfl you dont rest your players in college who cares, college is a 1-loss you might get knocked out type of thing nfl is not like that.

you do know they play week in and week out.

:shakeno:

make it the the top 16 bcs ranked teams in the country playoff.

florida better not go to the champioship game because they will get killed that style they play with qb switching is gonna kill themselves, tebow still a freshman and can wait and leak lol man will be a disaster to happen vs ohio state.

im not sold on usc yet, notre dame should get a chance but to be honest,
why should the irish get the 2nd slot when they got killed by michigan and michigan almost beat ohio state, therefore its not fair and i will not like notre dame in the championship game.

I want to see michigan vs ohio state in the championship game they played hard and man just watching the game felt so cool because of the announcer soft pitched smooth voice hes definitely the best announcer all calm makes you want to relax and enjoy the game.

Anyway they have to rematch theyre the best 2 teams in the country man that game is gonna be so intense and its a chance for troy smith to show what he got.

Daunt8TDChris84 said:

florida better not go to the champioship game because they will get killed that style they play with qb switching is gonna kill themselves, tebow still a freshman and can wait and leak lol man will be a disaster to happen vs ohio state.

im not sold on usc yet, notre dame should get a chance but to be honest,
why should the irish get the 2nd slot when they got killed by michigan and michigan almost beat ohio state, therefore its not fair and i will not like notre dame in the championship game.

I want to see michigan vs ohio state in the championship game they played hard and man just watching the game felt so cool because of the announcer soft pitched smooth voice hes definitely the best announcer all calm makes you want to relax and enjoy the game.

Anyway they have to rematch theyre the best 2 teams in the country man that game is gonna be so intense and its a chance for troy smith to show what he got.
Hold on. Let me get this rationale straight:
Florida will get "killed"
You're not sold on USC
But you think ND DESERVES a shot???

Dude either pass that pipe or turn on your TV

Daunt8TDChris84 said:

Never happen. Too many teams

The NCAA (and TV networks) don't want the football season to take ratings, money, and advertising dollars away from COLLEGE HOOPS which gets into conference play with big games in January.

They want the football season OVER WITH by that 1st week in Jan

shanem40 said:
every year many fans complain about the bcs but every year it works it slef out and we always get a great game including one of the best game of all time last year and could you immagine if michigan and ohio state would have rest there player today for a palyoff

I dunno if a playoff will solve things because most likely if it was a playoff you'll have around 4-8 teams in the playoff. So then who would decide who goes to the playoff? if other teams are left out they will be complaining that they have the same record and deserved to go. So it would be the same.

finswin56 said:
Hold on. Let me get this rationale straight:
Florida will get "killed"
You're not sold on USC
But you think ND DESERVES a shot???

Dude either pass that pipe or turn on your TV

Sounds about right :wink:

finswin56 said:
Take out the two loss ACC winner, or USC/ND loser. It's still tough call, but FAR better than the current system.
the ONLY way you'll ever have an 8-team playoff is if there are automatic conference tie-ins.

UF Fin Kat said:
the ONLY way you'll ever have an 8-team playoff is if there are automatic conference tie-ins.

So let's tie in every conference. :tongue:

UF Fin Kat said:
I'm sure the politics of the NCAA would make that the case. I wasn't arguing what would happen, just what I think would be better.
Use the top 8 in the BCS, although the BCS still needs to be tweaked. The quality of a team's loss should be factored in, or at least more, if it isn't already.

Back
Top Bottom