Who should be returning kicks in 09? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be returning kicks in 09?

Who should return kicks in 09

• Ginn

Votes: 70 59.3%
  • Bess

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Cobbs

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 12 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ginn. This team is going to run the ball more and with Penny @ QB they utilize the short passing game. Ginn needs more touches!

Ginn is the fastest person on the team lol, probably one of the fastest in the NFL. I'm pretty sure they let Bess return Punts because that would be too many jobs for one player.

they let Bess return Punts because Ginn is not as quick as Bess... Faster yes, quicker, DEFINATELY not, and you need quickness on punt returns to avoid the first defender, which Bess does better than Ginn. They also took the return duties away from Ginn and gave some of it to Cobbs, who actually faired to be a better kick returner than Ginn as well.

In a perfect world, you have Ginn returning Kicks (as long as he learns how to return kicks as he still doesnt seem to understand returning kickoffs fully) and Cobbs return punts.

Usually, the tougher player does punt returns. Because there's so much less room to run, the PR often gets drilled right away. So you generally don't want some wiry guy doing it. Ginn's no good to us if he's broken in half.

I liked what Bess did, and I do think he's tough enough. But I don't want to see him get injured, because I think he's worth too much as a receiver. So I say let Cobbs handle KR and PR duties.

As a side note, keep in mind that, as per the agreement reached at the owners' meeting, the wedge is gonna be illegal from here on out. So that changes the KR game considerably. What we saw last season and in 2007 is probably not even applicable anymore.

Ginn, he is a natural at it. Or was, at OSU atleast. But he didnt do bad in 07

I would like to see more of Ginn,I think he can be explosive like he was at Ohio State.

i agree, he had some nice returns his first year, and he barely saw the field on his second. I do like Cobbs doing returns. And im not sure if im the only one but i am totally 100 percent against Bess returning kicks i think he just plain sucks at it.

I would like to see more of Ginn,I think he can be explosive like he was at Ohio State.

ginn could be a great kickoff returner. his only problem is finding the right crease and not running east to west and rigvt for the sides

ginn could be a great kickoff returner. his only problem is finding the right crease and not running east to west and rigvt for the sides

I agree, he just needs a couple of blocks to speed through those seems. There isnt anyone on kickoffs that can catch ginn once hes top speed. Prob is like you stated he thinks he can go east to west when his acceleration is sorta on the garbage side imo.

I agree, he just needs a couple of blocks to speed through those seems. There isnt anyone on kickoffs that can catch ginn once hes top speed. Prob is like you stated he thinks he can go east to west when his acceleration is sorta on the garbage side imo.

im sure alot of it has to do with crappy blocking but he tries to juke around it instead of running straight through and ends up going nowhere

The same guy who should've been returning kicks in 08, Ted Ginn. I like what Bess did but Bess wasn't one of those guys that could change a game when the ball is in his hands, Ginn is.

Cobbs, we have to find a way to expand his role even more, hes a sparkplug, hes our Leon Washington.

Cobbs, we have to find a way to expand his role even more, hes a sparkplug, hes our Leon Washington.

If Cobbs is our Leon Washington, Ted Ginn is our Hester/Bush. You tell me who you'd rather have returning kicks.

Back
Top Bottom