Who will be our starting nickel? dime? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be our starting nickel? dime?

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
Ok so obviously Davis is our number 1 guy. Jason Allen who I feel is better in the slot (look at how he shut down Welker last year) will be playing on the outside. So what happens when teams come out with 3 and 4 receivers? Will Sapp be the guy? Then that would be Smith REALLY got demoted. And then there's Nolan Carroll who got a lot of nickel work... Didnt go so well in the preseason but maybe the coaches see something us fans dont?

My opinion
2 receivers- Davis and J Allen
3 receivers- Davis and Smith outside, Allen in the slot OR Davis and Allen on the outside with Sapp as the nickel
4 receivers- Davis and Smith on the outside with Allen and Sapp on the inside guys
5 receivers- Davis and Smith on the outside with Allen, Sapp and Culver on the inside. (I'm not really liking Carroll right now. Culver has that veteran presence)

You must be brain-dead, or something. J ALLEN is strictly a "boundary" CB. He sucks covering the "slot", plain and simple.

You must be brain-dead, or something. J ALLEN is strictly a "boundary" CB. He sucks covering the "slot", plain and simple.

Nice job there buddy. One of the reasons we beat the Pats last year was because J Allen was all over the best slot receiver in the history of the game- Wes Welker so please dont post something if you have nothing but insults to throw at me.

I doubt we go to Dime that often this week, I could see Sean being the Nickle with him spelling for Allen midway through the game. Maybe throw Sapp in a little bit as well.

You must be blind.

Anyone who's been following J ALLEN's progress this offseason knows I'm right. J ALLEN's strictly a "boundary Corner". By the way, there's nothing wrong with THAT. As to CBs covering the "slot", some can and some can't. It's almost like a new defensive back position, distinct to itself, like SS vesrsus FS. Have a SS play FS and what do you get? GERBIL WILSON! As to "slot CB", WILL Allen could play it, and NATE JONES did well too. SAPP looked decent at it, and CARROLL looked horrible at it. HOBBS was no better, so he's gone. And J ALLEN, according to SPARANO and others, is strictly a "boundary CB".

We'd better pray that SAPP really CAN handle the "slot". Putting W ALLEN on IR left MIAMI w/nothing else, unless CARROLL grows up very fast. Unfortunately, dolfan, that's actually the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom