Who will be the QB for FSU? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the QB for FSU?

Who will be the starting QB for the Seminoles?

• Xavier Lee

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Drew Weatherford

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • They will split time this season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skeet84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I seen this article ESPN and it sparked the question who would start for the Noles. I was just wondering who you all think would start for them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2811171

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State coach Bobby Bowden says he was impressed by quarterback Xavier Lee's play-making ability after the team's first scrimmage of the spring Saturday.
Lee finished 6-for-10 with 93 yards, including a 31-yard touchdown pass to Greg Carr. He says he is getting more comfortable in new offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher's system.
Lee and Drew Weatherford -- who has started 23 games in his career -- have shared first-team repetitions through the first four spring practices. Fisher says he doesn't know when he will name a starter.
The Seminole defense played without both starting defensive ends.
Kevin McNeil broke his left foot in a car accident and will miss all of spring practice. Everette Brown watched practice with a strained muscle but is expected to return Wednesday

who should be? X. he shouldnt of been the starter most the season after he continually out played weatherford. but he wasnt, and i doubt he will be now. Bowden doesnt like X for whatever reason. maybe cuz he was lazy before, maybe cuz hes black, who knows. drew will most likely start and lead us to another bad season. SHM

From what I have read and everything it looks like Jimbo Fisher will be picking the starting QB. So there is no more that Bowden does not like Lee. I think Lee is the better QB and Carr is a huge weapon.

Xavier Lee should have been the starter last year, but only the coaches know why he wasn't. He clearly outperformed Weatherford the few games he played in. He is better for our offense when he plays, because we have more big play opportunities when he is in there.

Lee wins round one.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State coach Bobby Bowden says he was impressed by quarterback Xavier Lee's play-making ability after the team's first scrimmage of the spring Saturday.

Lee finished 6-for-10 with 93 yards, including a 31-yard touchdown pass to Greg Carr. He says he is getting more comfortable in new offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher's system.

Lee and Drew Weatherford -- who has started 23 games in his career -- have shared first-team repetitions through the first four spring practices. Fisher says he doesn't know when he will name a starter.

Back
Top Bottom