Who would u want???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would u want????

I think Couch has gone through his growing pains, and the guy was the #1 overall pick, ahead of Ricky and D-Boss, so I am not saying he is the answer, but the guy has shown promise, and look, he's got talent, and with this team, you have a star in every weaponry position. Dennis Northcut is one of the most dangerous weapons in the return game. The thing is, he wants out of Cleveland, and he wants a new contract. He isn't going to get a monster contract, and he might stick with the one he has if he went to another team. He said on NFL Total Access, that he has control over what team he goes to, and he wants to win, he has the power to approve any trade. I am saying, with the possibility of CC going, who knows if he goes on an Ogun tyrant, I just feel this team could use those players.

I'm not saying Couch would be our savior or anything, but I sure has hell would rather have him waiting in the wings if Feeley gets hurt or doesn't pan out. He would be a WAAAAAAAAAAAY better backup/potential starter than the Fiedler......

somebody call rick..........we got a live one fellas........northcutt is packaged and ready to be shipped to miami

Rick: Dave I got a deal in the works for Couch and Northcutt
Dave: Uh...um...but Couch is a QB though right? What about Jay. Jay is great. No it's a bad deal.
Rick: Are sure Dave, it sounds good to me.
Dave: No we have Jay, JAy is great. And I think we can move Eddie Moore to WR. He will be great too.

The biggest Barrier is the 3 players would all need to have new contracts in place. This is a realistic trade, very realistic, each team wins. I believe Rick would be all on it, except for the fact he is the one that got Feely, but I hope he doesn't have an ego like Wanny, and he does whats best for the team, even if Couch beats Feely. Now Wanny is close with Butch. He will hear probably all the bad on those players, and Wanny probably won't distant the friendship and his job, and well, decline to trade. We all know Wanny is defensive anyway. I just personally can't see a way to sign Ogun, Ricky, CC, Randy, and Pat Surtain, and still be able to compete. And Ogun is the most expendable, because if you were to rate priorities, you say, hey, we have a very high paid D-End, and we have a strong core on D, Wally can be replaced, maybe not equal to Wally, but still, he can be replaced.

Question is would Couch and Northcutt want to be back ups? I'm guessing they're both looking to start so I'm not sure if Miami is the best option. Couch would have a better chance of starting but if he does, would Speilman be happy giving up a 2nd rounder for a back up (Feeley)? As for Northcutt...there's NO way he'll win a starting job over Boston & Chambers so will he be content on being the 3rd reciever? I don't think so, I think he wants to go to a team where he will start (Ravens).

Northcut would be our Kick and Punt returner, plus our slot Reciever. He wants to be out of Cleveland. Couch is very content with going to the Packers to back up Brett Farve, who hasn't missed a game in a long time. He's got a better chance to start here. I think, if Wanny agreed on actually opening up the Offense, we wouldn't need to worry about starters at reciever, we would have 3 top guys. The Ravens just got Johnson, they have another 15 WR's, they just drafted 3. I think we could do this trade.

Tim Couch is nothing but a weak armed quarterback that lacks accuracy. His college numbers were pumped up by Hal Mumme's run and shoot system. Tim Couch is nothing but a modern day David Klingler. To give up one of the league's premier pass rushers for David Klingler part II would be an absolute bonehead decision.

KBISBACK said:
Tim Couch is nothing but a weak armed quarterback that lacks accuracy. His college numbers were pumped up by Hal Mumme's run and shoot system. Tim Couch is nothing but a modern day David Klingler. To give up one of the league's premier pass rushers for David Klingler part II would be an absolute bonehead decision.
Please tell me you think he is an upgrade over the Gimp Fiedler though.
And I think the combination of Couch and Northcutt and a pick is what makes this deal so appealing. Escecially considering it looking less and less likely that we will be able to Keep Ogun

KB is right Couch hasn't done diddly poo in the NFL. I'd take a 2005 1st round pick and a 4th w/ conditions.

P.S. Watch Kerry Collins sign w/ the Rams he'd be awesome w/ that line, RB, and Wideouts.

pigskinguy said:
Please tell me you think he is an upgrade over the Gimp Fiedler though.
And I think the combination of Couch and Northcutt and a pick is what makes this deal so appealing. Escecially considering it looking less and less likely that we will be able to Keep Ogun

Right now I'd take Jay over Couch. Couch hasn't done crap. Jay knows our system and is tougher plus he can run better. I'm interested to see Snoop Minnis healthy this year. If he is our #3 Wr is not goingto be a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom