Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13

Oh I definitely have. Trust me. I have every throw of his capped and cataloged.

Hence I was able to pretty easily throw together every play of his from under center, ...

...or every pass play of his where he was forced to scramble, ...

... or his touchdown and highlight reel.

But to say that he isn't draftable? I think that's pretty extreme. Who are you going to draft instead of him? If we're applying these sorts of standards to a guy with THIS tape, then who actually IS draftable? I mean, Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins, sure...but who else?

Will Grier hasn't met a tight window throw he could throw into with NFL pace. Daniel Jones has inconsistent throwing mechanics and a piss poor arm, not to mention some questionable decision-making and streaky accuracy of his own. Jordan Ta'amu had the most talented receiving unit in the country and still managed to look poor on tape. Jarrett Stidham falls apart under pressure and has uneven tape.

I mean, if Easton Stick isn't even draftable then there are probably only two quarterbacks in this draft anybody should even bother to look at before the 6th or 7th round.
I dont disagree. I would be comfortable not drafting a QB at all this year. I just dont see any NFL talent in the FCS as a whole. I usually find one or two QBs I attach to but this group just screams bust to me.

I've been trying my best to like Ryan Finley but he has the same issues Stick does. I will tell you this, I'm not sleeping on that guy We picked up already that was in Detroit through preseason. He really impressed me last year when I saw him. If we are going with young guys for a year just go with him and Falk.

I dont disagree. I would be comfortable not drafting a QB at all this year. I just dont see any NFL talent in the FCS as a whole. I usually find one or two QBs I attach to but this group just screams bust to me.

I see two FCS quarterbacks I would gladly take a shot on. They are Easton Stick and Drew Anderson. They have NFL talent and there's a completeness to both of their games that is really attractive. Don't be surprised if they're both in the NFL for a while.

I see two FCS quarterbacks I would gladly take a shot on. They are Easton Stick and Drew Anderson. They have NFL talent and there's a completeness to both of their games that is really attractive. Don't be surprised if they're both in the NFL for a while.
While I disagree, I do enjoy these debates. We shall see.

Ok, from a Base Point, the Phins are second to last in run D. Dudes and Dudettes, this is not all coaching. I could understand IF it was said that the Phin D "underachieved" and were lower middle, Ok coaching was the biggest part of the problem. But the way it is now, coaching was an issue, but this D, outside of DB's has NO talent. They stopped no one, and any team that had a decent, not dominant, but decent run game, ran up the middle, to the edge, between the tackles, between the guards and between the cheerleaders.

Dexter Lawrence is a natural NT, and IF he lives up to his potential, he will solve two issues with this D, stops the run up the middle, and pushes the pocket up the middle. Obviously, I am assuming a 3 - 4 Hybrid. To be able to solve two problems with one pick, I think that at #13, it is a natural. But like I have said, no doubt the Phins will pick the Duke QB at 13 because, well Phins.

The Ever Waiting Under The Log VIPER

While I disagree, I do enjoy these debates. We shall see.

I do too.

This has to be good enough for AT LEAST a backup position in the NFL. I mean, have you seen the state of the NFL's backups??

Greg Cosell is with me! (Bringin' out the big guns!)

This is Cosell's official evaluation of Stick. Notice how at the bottom he said that while Stick will likely be seen as a Day 3 prospect, he believes he could develop into an NFL starter.

DxSio0sWoAARUa-.jpg:large

And here's the video that is every pass play where Easton Stick was forced to scramble, or got sacked.

Note: This is not a highlight reel. This is every single pass snap where he was forced to scramble around, or got sacked. The fact that the first 5 minutes or so kind of comes off like a highlight reel is just a testament to how good he was when pressured or when the coverage was too good.

Last edited:
Dude is such an ugly runner.

Holy ****...Stick is barely above the 60% threshold...61% career passer, working for easily the best FCS program. Dude is working against awful talent and brag about the tape. Jesus Christ...

Last edited:
Devin White, Christian Wilkins, Byron Murphy are three I'd be happy with (and wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them were still there at #13.)

Devin White, Christian Wilkins, Byron Murphy are three I'd be happy with (and wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them were still there at #13.)

If the Bengals don’t get crazy and draft a QB I’d bet a paycheck Devin White is a Bengal. To me you can trade down and easily get Murphy or Wilkins.

Bucky Brooks latest Mock has us taking Jaylon Ferguson at 13:

"School: Louisiana Tech | Year: Senior (RS)
The FBS all-time sack leader (45) would fit nicely as a productive pass rusher with a variety of moves at his disposal."

What is Gary? Kinda looks like a tweeter de/dt. I don’t think he’s gonna win vs tackles on tbe edge as a pass rusher. Base de? Base de and kick inside in the sub? Seems like a lot of projection for pass rush inside. Unless I’m missing something.

Best thing I see is poa play but that’s not worth a top 20 pick to me.

Last edited:
Brian burns is explosive with that get off. Gets off the ball damn well. But god he’s light and those cricket lower legs. Reminds me of Arden key frame wise but I think key had more length.

Also I kinda wonder if he’s got the hips to flatten and while I saw an inside redirect I don’t see much rush arsenal other than speed off the edge. Like I’m not even sure I’m seeing a shoulder dip. But boy he gets off the ball. If he can’t flatten he’s gonna run right by the qb a lot if he takes a step up.

I don’t like that torso for putting weight on that frame either.

I haven’t seen a kid yet that has the freedom of movement that josh Allen has.

Last edited:
Ok, from a Base Point, the Phins are second to last in run D. Dudes and Dudettes, this is not all coaching. I could understand IF it was said that the Phin D "underachieved" and were lower middle, Ok coaching was the biggest part of the problem. But the way it is now, coaching was an issue, but this D, outside of DB's has NO talent. They stopped no one, and any team that had a decent, not dominant, but decent run game, ran up the middle, to the edge, between the tackles, between the guards and between the cheerleaders.

Dexter Lawrence is a natural NT, and IF he lives up to his potential, he will solve two issues with this D, stops the run up the middle, and pushes the pocket up the middle. Obviously, I am assuming a 3 - 4 Hybrid. To be able to solve two problems with one pick, I think that at #13, it is a natural. But like I have said, no doubt the Phins will pick the Duke QB at 13 because, well Phins.

The Ever Waiting Under The Log VIPER

We also had too many injuries in the dline, I would have liked to see that number if we stayed healthy.

Bucky Brooks latest Mock has us taking Jaylon Ferguson at 13:

"School: Louisiana Tech | Year: Senior (RS)
The FBS all-time sack leader (45) would fit nicely as a productive pass rusher with a variety of moves at his disposal."

I hate this not because I dislike Ferguson, although I'm not that high on him, but he has us passing on Kyler Murray, who ends up at NE ! And if you are going edge rusher why pick Ferguson ahead of Montez Sweat who he has going to Coralina 3 picks after us. I vomited a little in my mouth at that mock.

Ferguson looks to me like he carries around baby fat. Like he needs to dedicate himself to cleaning up his body to maximize the pro return.

Back
Top Bottom