Whoa.. Are the Jets set up for a big fall or what? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa.. Are the Jets set up for a big fall or what?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was checking their record and noticed that they played/will play some abismal teams in their first 5 games..

-Cinci- A shootout to open the season.. Cinci O looked astronomical against the Jets, came back down to Earth since.. Cinci record = 1-3 (only win against our Phins)

- San Diego- Another shootout against a questionable team.. Sure they have LT2, But Brees and that WR corps leaves much to be desired.. SD record = 2-2

-Miami- You can really see the sad state of our offense when you see what SD and Cinci did against the Jets, and what they've done since.. Even with 4 turnovers and a wretched Offense, the Dolphins kept it close and the D effectively shutdown the Jets "highpowered" O.. Everyone knows our record.. :(

Next up for the Mighty Jets.. The anemic Buffalo Bills (Dolphin clone team) and a joke of a 49er team... The Jets should be 5-0 headed into Gilette Stadium against the Powerhouse Pats.. This is when I believe reality rears its ugly head in Jetland.. Only thing is.. they get to rebound against the Dolphins the following week, and then the Bills after that..

The rest of the schedule is as follows:
Sun. Nov. 14 Baltimore 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Nov. 21 @Cleveland 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Nov. 28 @Arizona 4:15 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 5 Houston 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 12 @Pittsburgh 4:05 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 19 Seattle 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 26 New England 4:05 PM ET
Sun. Jan. 2 @St. Louis 1:00 PM ET

Jeez.. this is a breezy schedule..But no doubt they get pounded in the playoffs..

I agree!!! The Jets are nothing to write home to mom about. I could here their fans yelling stupidity (I just don't mean the stupid Jets chant) at the end of the game like they just spanked the best team in the league or something. The truth is they struggled to beat one of the worst teams. They will struggle to make the playoffs.

Look, we will have a good understanding of how good the Jets are when they play New England. All I know is that they are better than alot of teams out there. Also, SD game was not a shootout, the Jets were up 13 with about 30 seconds left when Doug Flutie scored. SD never had the ball with a chance to tie, and the game wasn't all that close. Either way, wins are wins as NE has proven in their 18 game winning streak.

SkapePhin said:
I was checking their record and noticed that they played/will play some abismal teams in their first 5 games..

-Cinci- A shootout to open the season.. Cinci O looked astronomical against the Jets, came back down to Earth since.. Cinci record = 1-3 (only win against our Phins)

- San Diego- Another shootout against a questionable team.. Sure they have LT2, But Brees and that WR corps leaves much to be desired.. SD record = 2-2

-Miami- You can really see the sad state of our offense when you see what SD and Cinci did against the Jets, and what they've done since.. Even with 4 turnovers and a wretched Offense, the Dolphins kept it close and the D effectively shutdown the Jets "highpowered" O.. Everyone knows our record.. :(

Next up for the Mighty Jets.. The anemic Buffalo Bills (Dolphin clone team) and a joke of a 49er team... The Jets should be 5-0 headed into Gilette Stadium against the Powerhouse Pats.. This is when I believe reality rears its ugly head in Jetland.. Only thing is.. they get to rebound against the Dolphins the following week, and then the Bills after that..

The rest of the schedule is as follows:
Sun. Nov. 14 Baltimore 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Nov. 21 @Cleveland 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Nov. 28 @Arizona 4:15 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 5 Houston 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 12 @Pittsburgh 4:05 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 19 Seattle 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 26 New England 4:05 PM ET
Sun. Jan. 2 @St. Louis 1:00 PM ET

Jeez.. this is a breezy schedule..But no doubt they get pounded in the playoffs..

Maybe you should buy a copy of the games and watch before you comment. The first game-Cincy. J Carter fumbled the opening Kickoff and gave them a first and goal. Spot 7 points. If not for that its not a close game. Moss was rusty from missing camp and dropped a few that would have been huge. 2nd game-Chargers. LT gets under 100 and Brees passes for 1(one) yard the entire 1st half. The defense plays a soft zone in the 4th and they score some points. Admitted mistake by the DC. We were killing them through most of the game. Really dumb way to judge because if you look back to 02,we beat you guys in Nov 13-10 in a game like yesterday but Killed the Colts in the Playoffs 41-0. We have played 3 games we should have won this season and have. On to the next with the specific game plan for that game.
Your D didn't shut down our O as much as our coordinator did.

i'm not trying to take anything away from the jets, as they definitely are a better team than the fins right now.... but admittedly their schedule is looking rather easy at this point. With the exception of Seattle and New England, i see them winning the rest of their games (if they continue to play at the level they have been.... moss needs to step up though).

Other than those two teams, i would say that the jets have an easier schedule than other teams that are undefeated.

TypeO13NY said:
Maybe you should buy a copy of the games and watch before you comment. The first game-Cincy. J Carter fumbled the opening Kickoff and gave them a first and goal. Spot 7 points. If not for that its not a close game. Moss was rusty from missing camp and dropped a few that would have been huge. 2nd game-Chargers. LT gets under 100 and Brees passes for 1(one) yard the entire 1st half. The defense plays a soft zone in the 4th and they score some points. Admitted mistake by the DC. We were killing them through most of the game. Really dumb way to judge because if you look back to 02,we beat you guys in Nov 13-10 in a game like yesterday but Killed the Colts in the Playoffs 41-0. We have played 3 games we should have won this season and have. On to the next with the specific game plan for that game.
Your D didn't shut down our O as much as our coordinator did.
Not just taking a jab at you, but at this board all together.

This seems to be the what "IF" board. What if we didn't throw 3 TD's the other way, what if the Jet's opened up thier offense... etc. I mean come on. The games happened the way they did for a reason. Our offensive line played like crap and the Jets Offense was shut down by on of the leagues elite defenses. So what? The Jets still got the "W."

We can speculate what "IF's" all we like but the fact is it's in the record books. Same goes for the Jets fans making excuses. It's done sealed and delivered.

Well, as a Phins fans your argument means nothing to me. The Jets have won the games they were favored to win. The Dolphins have lost so many gimme games over the years that no victorious week in the NFL should be under-looked. The season is short and winning these types of games are what determine if you sit home with homefield playoff advantage week one, or have to play on the road in a tough wild card machup.
Year after year the Dolphins have had the chance to take homefield, yet year after year they blew every chance they were given by losing to bad teams.
The Jets are well positioned to sit home week one if they can beat the Patriots just once. If I recall correctly, the NE Patriots team that won the Super Bowl in 2002 was on a roll towards the end of the season and was able to leverage that good play in to a playoff bye and game with massive homefield advantage in a blizzard. It doesn't take the best team in the world to make the Super Bowl, luck and winning big and small games during the season are all you really need. The Dolphins have been unable to do it since the mid 80's, the Patriots are a perfect example of how it should be done.

I watched the Cinci game.. wasnt overly impressed.. Only Jets game I didnt see this season was SD..

We beat the teams we are supposed to beat, sorry we didnt blow them out.

We wont know how good the Jets really are until Week 7, but whatever. It's a step up from last year, and we have a really young team (not including C. Martin, but hes playing like he is) so there's room to grow.

Also, what power house teams are in the AFC?
Patriots and Colts are proven.
Ravens dont look impressive at all this year (they losing right now to 0-3 Chiefs), Broncos look pretty average so far.

Jags well they could be great, but the AFC only has 2 really "Elite" teams.

Gotta give the Jets credit for taking care of business so far. There are no easy wins in this league.

u know what, I hate the Jets, but i'm spittin out the haterade on this one. 3-0 is 3-0. We should of beaten Pittsburgh and Cincy (Jets beat Cincy and S.D) and we didn't (they did). To make a long story short, u play the schedule you are given. Are their many teams out there that can beat teh Jets...........no doubt about it but right about now, i'd much rather be in their shoes and be in ours!

the afc comes down to 2 teams-the colts and the pats, I think the Jets will lose this week to the Bills, I'm not gonna be a Dolfins homer and say they're a terrible team (before the season I predicted them to win the Afc East), I really like Pennington, but there Wr's aren't that good, Moss is good, but they overpaid for Mccariens, I'm skeptical for Titans wr's because they just all look the same besides Mason, I'm not gonna say Mccariens is a bum but I can't tell the difference between him Calico and Bennett. What will "make or break" the Jets is Curtis Martin-if they can cut back his carries a little now and give some to Lamont Jordan so he's "fresher" at the end of the season they're gonna be a very dangerous team.

djfresh47 said:
the afc comes down to 2 teams-the colts and the pats
I dont understand why everyone is so high on the colts. Last year they couldnt be the pats in 2 tries. They lost again this year. If I was a pats fan I would be more scare of the jets and ravens than the colts.

If the Colts don't turn the ball over in several critical situations week 1 the Colts would have walked away with a victory over the Pats. That's should've, would've, could've, but if the Pats and Colts face off in the playoffs I am betting on the Colts this year.

VJ1252 said:
I dont understand why everyone is so high on the colts. Last year they couldnt be the pats in 2 tries. They lost again this year. If I was a pats fan I would be more scare of the jets and ravens than the colts.

Nope, the Pats are scared of no one. They respect and prepare for each opponent with the same focus.

Back
Top Bottom