who's better than miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who's better than miami?

Hass84

Rookie
Reaction score
im a huge dolphins fan and have been for many years, but being british i dont watch a huge amount of other north american sports as they are fairly hard to access in england. Im always interested in which city in america has the best legacy in sports, i guess miami does alright with the fins and the heat but as much as i hate the patriots. boston has a great history with the celtics, patriots and bruins. Are there many other citys with several successful franchises to rival boston?

Well, Miami is doing pretty good with the Heat and Panthers. If everything continues going the way it is. The heat and panthers should make the playoffs. Which would mean all three sports made the playoffs for the 2008-2009 season.

Besides Boston area being all mighty, I don't know who else. I mainly watch Football. And occasionally watch the heat and the panthers.

New York is the only city that comes to mind that rivals Boston pro sports in success. (Yankees, Rangers, Giants) Maybe Pittsburgh, Steelers of course, Penguins have a few cups and I think Pirates do as well.

Miami has too many young teams so it's not really fair to compare.

Marlins came into MLB in 93 (2 championships 2 WS appearences)
Panthers also in 93 (0 championships, 1 finals appearence)
Heat came into the NBA in 88 (1 championship, 1 finals appearence)

then the old Dolphins 66 (2 championships), (5 superbowl appearences)

Last edited by a moderator:
im a huge dolphins fan and have been for many years, but being british i dont watch a huge amount of other north american sports as they are fairly hard to access in england. Im always interested in which city in america has the best legacy in sports, i guess miami does alright with the fins and the heat but as much as i hate the patriots. boston has a great history with the celtics, patriots and bruins. Are there many other citys with several successful franchises to rival boston?

myself being a die hard yankees and dolphin fan , it makes mesick to think of boston or mass, in general as being a top franchise city or state there is nothing i hate more (sports wise) as the pats and stinkin bosox. no offense to you.

As for as for football, Steelers have the most Super Bowl wins with 6 followed by Dallas and San Fran with 5. Baseball, Yankees easily have the most World Series titles with 26 I think. Basketball has been kinda all over the last decade or so. Going from Chicago, San Antonio, L.A., Boston, Miami, etc etc. Hockey has pretty much been the New Jersey Devils had a couple, Detroit Red Wings had a couple and a few one year winners here and there.

So really, there really isn't a city that completely dominates all sports. New York had a lot of glory, not so much at the moment. Now it's Boston. Next city might turn out to be Dallas, Chicago, Philly or L.A. The parody in sports is pretty prevalent.

Back
Top Bottom