Who's Staying in Cleveland for Dan's Big Day? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's Staying in Cleveland for Dan's Big Day?

templarwd

Starter
Reaction score
Dan's big day is now one week away, and I can't wait ! :D I know several of the package deals have the accomidations in Downtown Cleveland, with bus sericve to Canton.

Since the Tribe will be on the road, we'll pretty much have the Gateway District (adjacent to Jacobs Field) all to ourselves.

Who's ready to turn Prospect Ave Aqua & Orange Saturday night? :xii:

I'm staying in Kent, OH but we have 13 of us going to the Induction ceremony and 8 going to the game. Five of us are staying in Kent and the other 8 are staying in Cleveland. One of the guys grew up there so he's going to be the "tour guide" for the bar hopping. Unforunately, we're not going to go to Cleveland until after the induction ceremony since the Phins/Bears is a night game the following day.

templarwd said:
Dan's big day is now one week away, and I can't wait ! :D I know several of the package deals have the accomidations in Downtown Cleveland, with bus sericve to Canton.

Since the Tribe will be on the road, we'll pretty much have the Gateway District (adjacent to Jacobs Field) all to ourselves.

Could you be any more ignorant? Seriously.

templarwd said:

I'll be there with a couple of buddies and my old man. I figure we'll hit the R&R HOF then hit the Flats at night. we've never been to cleveland b-4, where is the gateway dist.?

1st post in months. Damn summer classes + fulltime job + fulltime girlfriend = not enough time to post here.
Anywho, me and my best friend are staying in a motel 6 in Cleveland Thursday night and attending the Indians Yankees game. Then we will be driving to Canton early Friday to check into the Traveler's choice hotel and stay there till Tuesday. Oh man, it's less than a week away. My excitement is beyond words.

spiral said:
I'll be there with a couple of buddies and my old man. I figure we'll hit the R&R HOF then hit the Flats at night. we've never been to cleveland b-4, where is the gateway dist.?

You'll be in for a serious disappointment if you head to the Flats, at least on the east bank. 10 years ago, it was the place to be, but it turned into nothing more than a drunken frat party about 5-6 years ago. The west side still has some nice places, including a Rock Bottom Brew Pub. The beer is OK, but it’s the same stuff you can get at any Rock Bottom anywhere. The names are different of course, to try and give it that “local†flair.

W.6th St is now the place to be. It’s got all the tragically hip dance spots and plenty of “playâ€Â. They're trying to avoid the downward spiral that killed the Flats east bank. Most places have some form of dress code. It seems to have worked, at least to this point anyway.

The Gateway district surrounds Jacobs Field and Gund Arena. As you can imagine it’s got sports bars and some really good pubs. Much more relaxed than W 6th.

Send me a PM if you want more details.

Back
Top Bottom