Who's worse: Spielman or Millen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's worse: Spielman or Millen?

Who is or was worse for their team?

• Total voters
Speilman did more damage in one year than Millen did in five years.

Game,set and match to Speilman.

Pick your Poison

Whose worse Millen or Spielman??? I live in Michigan and with Millen it was a full on revolt (see references to Angry Fan March). Millen had no experience and had no fudging idea what he was doing (three receivers in a row with other pressing needs!?!?!?!?!), Spielman's downfall was his crappy free agent moves. He almost ended up morgaging our future then for crap now. Thank the good lord that Saban cleaned house and righted the ship.

Oh, they both suck.

Matt Millen has got to be the worst GM ever. They had so many 1st round picks on there team and they still suck. He made alot of crappy mistakes and I can't believe that the Lions has put up with him so many years. If youyr team needs a good kill, then he is your guy.

Millen is the worst. Speilman at the end at least had a few good picks in the draft. Millen is a putz, excepting none of the responsibilty for failure of the organization. As far as I am concerned he should of been man enough to walk out with Marucci.

Ace88 said:
Matt Millen has got to be the worst GM ever. They had so many 1st round picks on there team and they still suck. He made alot of crappy mistakes and I can't believe that the Lions has put up with him so many years. If youyr team needs a good kill, then he is your guy.
Totally agree Zach!:)

Millen was worse. Spielman could be a major upgrade provided he isn't forced to try to save a franchise in one year. You can bash him all you want for the Feeley and Lamar Gordon trades, but Spielman had only one year to prove himself and made some moves out of desperation. His 2004 draft was our best since the JJ days (not as good as 2005 though).

MiamiMan147 said:
Millen was worse. Spielman could be a major upgrade provided he isn't forced to try to save a franchise in one year. You can bash him all you want for the Feeley and Lamar Gordon trades, but Spielman had only one year to prove himself and made some moves out of desperation. His 2004 draft was our best since the JJ days (not as good as 2005 though).

I totally agree.

Spielman took some BIG gambles and if they hit (Feeley, Gordon) he would have looked like a genius.

I think if Spielman has a long term mandate (a 4 year contract) and ownership behind him he could do a good job, he's a good scout. He'll need a good cap man and a stong, experienced assistant who can call him on trades. I'd have almost no issue letting him run a draft though, it's hgis trades that get him into trouble.

Millen is just not very good in my opinion....the bright side is, if Millen gets canned he might return to T.V....he's the best color commentator around.

Back
Top Bottom