Why aren't more NFL player and coaches up in arms about the Pats scandal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why aren't more NFL player and coaches up in arms about the Pats scandal?

Captain Lou

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Is is because they don't think it's a big deal. If it were a big deal you know players and coaches would sbe all over this!

I think all teams bend the rules and that's why no one in the NFL is complaining about it.

DON'T YOU THINK THE TEAMS THEY BEAT IN THE SUPERBOWL WOULD BE A LIITLE MORE VOCAL ABOUT THIS?

Is is because they don't think it's a big deal. If it were a big deal you know players and coaches would sbe all over this!

I think all teams bend the rules and that's why no one in the NFL is complaining about it.

DON'T YOU THINK THE TEAMS THEY BEAT IN THE SUPERBOWL WOULD BE A LIITLE MORE VOCAL ABOUT THIS?

Post a question and then answer it yourself?

But I agree with you 100%. Could you imagine so and so team complaining and then tapes come out with them recording?

If you truly believe it's no big deal, why do YOU keep starting/participating in threads on the subject matter? Dolphan.....?

Lol its poor sportmanship, no one wants to be seen as a whiner but deep inside their pretty pissed off about it.

1st, in a League like the NFL a lot of people know one another and people are careful about who they piss off. Look at it on a smaller scale, how few players will say anything negative about another player? Even former players rarely say much. It's an exclusive club and it's members would rather be silent over issues even like this than rock the boat.

Also ALL these guys have huge egos. Some may really feel they are better than any cheating edge may give an opponent.

2nd, I'm tired of the everyone does it argument because until I hear some specifics I'm going to assume only the Patriots do it. Yes we know teams do things but to this day nobody has been accused of using a special camera for it but the Pats.

3rd, doesn't really matter who doesn't say anything about it or who else does it...it's still cheating and clearly against the rules and all caught do it should be punished accordingly.

Because i think its not considered as a big deal by the other teams.
most important what is considered wrong.

From preseason games and regular season a team always sends its scouts to sit and watch the coaches and games to prepare for the next opponent and take notes. Is it not considered wrong .then the argument goes that using a video tape is wrong not cataloging defensive signals. More over NFL gives out a tonne of games in tape .the coaches tape is extremely detail .
so now you have to ban all scouts from the coaches box and edit the coaches tape which is shot for all angles and very detail.No one is going to do this.

Last night espn was going crazy with offensive signals when no one has seen the tapes and nfl reported that one of the labels on the video tapes said "off signals" .It was confusing as their are no offensive singals as its when the off cordinator covers his mouth talks into the headset to the QB. its been here before 2000.who is going to support such things i have no idea.

Most teams have no idea what the heck to do with the signals as herm edwards waves at the camera in a tape. To prevent this 3 defensive coordinates are used and one never knows which guy is giving the signal and who are the 2 dummys. The teams change signals game to game and even quater to quater. so basically the chance of you getting 1 play correct is very minimum.more over if you do not get a play correct either the QB gets a sack or interception .

Till now only the media people claim this usefullness of this , non of the teams or players do as i cannot see how this can be done.Maybe in a few decade when we have quantum computers you can generate enough patter but i work in pattern regonisation in data and this is absolutely cannot be done with the current technology. quantum physics has not got to the point where we can build such a device.

Last i think it is senator ,espn ,marc levy leading the charge all entrenched in the NFL comcast battle. now you pick your side either you are with making more money as a player / owner with NFL or support anti-nfl base led by comcast sponser senator , lawyers and espn who will loose a huge chunk of viewer ship if NFL network is available for free.

Because i think its not considered as a big deal by the other teams.
most important what is considered wrong.

From preseason games and regular season a team always sends its scouts to sit and watch the coaches and games to prepare for the next opponent and take notes. Is it not considered wrong .then the argument goes that using a video tape is wrong not cataloging defensive signals.

Last night espn was going crazy with offensive signals when no one has seen the tapes and nfl reported that one of the labels on the video tapes said "off signals" .It was confusing as their are no offensive singals as its when the off cordinator covers his mouth talks into the headset to the QB. its been here before 2000.who is going to support such things i have no idea.

Most teams have no idea what the heck to do with the signals as herm edwards waves at the camera in a tape. To prevent this 3 defensive coordinates are used and one never knows which guy is giving the signal and who are the 2 dummys. The teams change signals game to game and even quater to quater. so basically the chance of you getting 1 play correct is very minimum.more over if you do not get a play correct either the QB gets a sack or interception .

Till now only the media people claim this usefullness of this , non of the teams or players do as i cannot see how this can be done.Maybe in a few decade when we have quantum computers you can generate enough patter but i work in pattern regonisation in data and this is absolutely cannot be done with the current technology. quantum physics has not got to the point where we can build such a device.

Last i think it is senator ,espn ,marc levy leading the charge all entrenched in the NFL comcast battle. now you pick your side either you are with making more money as a player / owner with NFL or support anti-nfl base led by comcast sponser senator , lawyers and espn who will loose a huge chunk of viewer ship if NFL network is available for free.

Anyone who thinks its not helpful is wrong, period. Why would a team (the Pats) do it if it weren't. Why use extra cameramen and have to spend time reviewing film if it did nothing. I'm sorry but anyone arguing it does nothing can throw out a thousand reason why it doesn't help but as long as a team is doing it those arguments are invalid.

Anyone who thinks its not helpful is wrong, period. Why would a team (the Pats) do it if it weren't. Why use extra cameramen and have to spend time reviewing film if it did nothing. I'm sorry but anyone arguing it does nothing can throw out a thousand reason why it doesn't help but as long as a team is doing it those arguments are invalid.

Totally why filmed a team for no reason other then to get an advantage. supposedly the patriots are known for there second half adjustments which makes you wonder.

No it's because if you live in a glass house you don't throw rocks!

That of course is a big part of it. In my opinion, most (if not all) teams have tried to gain an advantage at some point using methods outside the boundaries of the rules. More and in depth digging is going to uncover more ugliness.
Is it coincidence that Rooney, who's Steelers of the 70's have long been rumored to have widely used steroids has stated it's a non-issue?
How about Bill Polian? This is the same guy who very loudly complains any time he perceives his Colts to have been treated unfairly. The only words from him have been in solidarity.
The other reason is this. Irrespective of the competition during the regular season, the NFL is a business comprised of 32 partners. What's good for one is good for all and what's bad for one is bad for all.
Contrary to some fans' opinions, the NFL's interests are in know way served by demonizing the Pats. You do that to the Pats and it becomes a direct reflection on the entire league. You can't separate one from the other. If nothing else it becomes guilt by association. Then the next question is : who else? From there is the risk that the entire league has a black mark on it.

The explain how the 3 games in quesiton the new ones the pats went 3-3 and in the afc champsionship game the deciding aspect was a punt returned for a TD by troy brown and an interception for a TD. so in essence it did not help.

IN NFL people do a lot of scouting irrespective of its usefull or not . Every game in NFL how come they have a section for other teams scout`s.Again i not am arguing that a using a video tape is correct as its is wrong and he was punished but i am arguing that every team scouts and have a tonne of scouts to watch other team`s coaches,players and their tendency.that is what they are picking up with game tapes.How can suddenly tommorrow NFL is not going to say no more scouting and watching game taping.

The everyone does it excuse is getting old. I'm tired of hearing pats fans say that like it makes it ok. It's like morality doesn't matter as long as someone else is doing it too. Give me a break. As I said before, based on Jimmy Jones comments, I would not care if they investigated the cowboys of the 90's. If they were caught cheating, I would remove the label of dynasty from them. I would be disgusted. Yet, Pats fans, instead of acknowledging what the team did is wrong, they sit and make excuses why it is ok. I'm tired of hearing it like that. No matter how you package it, disguise it, pretty up or whatever you wanna do, cheating is cheating. Period.

The players have egos, they think they are invinceable. They want to win through superior athleticism, effort, and execution. Winning through trickery is less noble. It's like saying we are going to run the ball down your throat and then doing it; it's more satifying than a fake punt. The players are in essence saying "go ahead and try to steal our signals, we'll still beat you on the field".

The everyone does it excuse is getting old. I'm tired of hearing pats fans say that like it makes it ok. It's like morality doesn't matter as long as someone else is doing it too. Give me a break. As I said before, based on Jimmy Jones comments, I would not care if they investigated the cowboys of the 90's. If they were caught cheating, I would remove the label of dynasty from them. I would be disgusted. Yet, Pats fans, instead of acknowledging what the team did is wrong, they sit and make excuses why it is ok. I'm tired of hearing it like that. No matter how you package it, disguise it, pretty up or whatever you wanna do, cheating is cheating. Period.
I agree and disagree, if that's possible.

I agree that the "everyone does it" argument is not a valid defense. You wouldn't accept that as a valid reason from your seven-year old, and it shouldn't hold much weight here, either.

Where I think Patriots fans have a right to be upset is the complete lack of action from the NFL when other teams have been caught doing in the exact same things. The Dolphins bought a tape of all of Tom Brady's audibles, and used it to beat the Patriots 21-0. Everyone said, "Oh, well - that's football". The Jets acknowledged they had broken the exact same rule the Patriots had in a playoff game against at New England. They then backpeddled and said, "Oh, we had permission from the Patriots to tape there", and the Patriots denied ever giving permission. Where were the punishments for these actions?

It's OK to punish the Patriots for breaking the rules. It's not OK to give the Patriots the harshest punishment in the history of the league, and then ignore it when other teams are caught doing the exact same things.

I agree and disagree, if that's possible.

I agree that the "everyone does it" argument is not a valid defense. You wouldn't accept that as a valid reason from your seven-year old, and it shouldn't hold much weight here, either.

Where I think Patriots fans have a right to be upset is the complete lack of action from the NFL when other teams have been caught doing in the exact same things. The Dolphins bought a tape of all of Tom Brady's audibles, and used it to beat the Patriots 21-0. Everyone said, "Oh, well - that's football". The Jets acknowledged they had broken the exact same rule the Patriots had in a playoff game against at New England. They then backpeddled and said, "Oh, we had permission from the Patriots to tape there", and the Patriots denied ever giving permission. Where were the punishments for these actions?

It's OK to punish the Patriots for breaking the rules. It's not OK to give the Patriots the harshest punishment in the history of the league, and then ignore it when other teams are caught doing the exact same things.

I agree that every team needs to be punished if they are caught. As I said, I would have no problem if they caught Dallas cheating and punished them. My point is that I would be ashamed of what the team did instead of defending it so vehemently. I completely agree it is not ok for anyone. My main problem is those who are trying to package it any they can to justify it as an acceptable thing to do. I was pointing out that no matter how you wrap it up, it is still bull.
Also, you have to ask if there was any concrete evidence of those other teams cheating. Word of mouth cannot get it done. Even if one person in the organization says it happens, one can deny it and then it becomes an issue of who is telling the truth. If it was as simple as that, any team with a bad relationship would accuse another of cheating. I never heard of the Dolphins taping Brady's audibles personally. The question I have is this: Did they find the tape? Do they have it on hand as hard evidence or is that something that is word of mouth? If they have the tape, then I agree Miami needs a punishment as well. If they do not, it could have merely been a rumor started over animosity.

One great example is Matt Walsh. It became clear he had tapes, but not of what he was claiming them to be. It seems he has bad feelings towards the organization and was completely willingb to throw them under the bus. If we took what one person said as truth without evidence, then the Patriots would be in a much worse situation than they are now. I wasn't willing to jump on NE for taping the Rams at all without proof it happenned. I never once posted anything like that about them, except to say let's see what Matt Walsh has, then make judgments. Pats should not be punished if it not true, then if it is true, punishment should be hard for taping a walkthrough. I will hgave the same stance for any team, even my own if cheating is involved. Football should be played as one competitor against another. It shouldn't be a competition of who can steal the most material.

Back
Top Bottom