Why aren't more NFL player and coaches up in arms about the Pats scandal? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why aren't more NFL player and coaches up in arms about the Pats scandal?

Is is because they don't think it's a big deal. If it were a big deal you know players and coaches would sbe all over this!

I think all teams bend the rules and that's why no one in the NFL is complaining about it.

DON'T YOU THINK THE TEAMS THEY BEAT IN THE SUPERBOWL WOULD BE A LIITLE MORE VOCAL ABOUT THIS?

Maybe they have more important things to worry about then running to a reporter and crying about it? Should they start blogging about it or something? The NFL is trying to get rid of this as soon as possible.

We all know Goodell is going to push this under the table so whats the sense in getting upset about it?

I agree and disagree, if that's possible.

I agree that the "everyone does it" argument is not a valid defense. You wouldn't accept that as a valid reason from your seven-year old, and it shouldn't hold much weight here, either.

Where I think Patriots fans have a right to be upset is the complete lack of action from the NFL when other teams have been caught doing in the exact same things. The Dolphins bought a tape of all of Tom Brady's audibles, and used it to beat the Patriots 21-0. Everyone said, "Oh, well - that's football". The Jets acknowledged they had broken the exact same rule the Patriots had in a playoff game against at New England. They then backpeddled and said, "Oh, we had permission from the Patriots to tape there", and the Patriots denied ever giving permission. Where were the punishments for these actions?

It's OK to punish the Patriots for breaking the rules. It's not OK to give the Patriots the harshest punishment in the history of the league, and then ignore it when other teams are caught doing the exact same things.

Not the same thing. Those audio tapes were within the league rules

The reason more coaches and players aen't more vocal is because of the NFL shared revenue. A piece of every player and coach's salary comes from NE selling out there games. There's also hope that this thing will blow over, so that the league won't be tarnished.

It's all a bunch of B.S if you ask me. Until they kick out Belichick, and strip the Pats of their Superbowls, this league will always carry a shadow over it's head.

If the tapes didn't help, why did they continue to tape after the 2001 season?

If every team does it. Where's the proof?

There's a great article on spygate posted by (i think billsfaninpeace) if you haven't read it, you should. It talks about football being a game of inches. If you can come out on top of two or three extra plays, that can be the difference. Don't believe me? Review the Pats Superbowl wins, and then tell me Spygate didn't help.

How is it Belichick is still allowed to coach, while Pete Rose is still banned from the HOF?

Back
Top Bottom