Why do people on this board like JR Tolver so much? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do people on this board like JR Tolver so much?

Maggot Brain

Trade Bait
Reaction score
It seems like a large portion of the FinHeaven constituency really digs JR Tolver. I'm just wondering why this is. I'm asking because I really dig the kid too but really don't know why. I pulled for him big time and was literally hurt when he didn't get a chance to show what he could do in a regular season game when the team was in desperate need of a new #2/#3 receiver option midseason last year prior to his knee injury (which I personally think was a crock--more likely a non-essential surgery the team strongly recommended he have to correct a pre-existing condition so they could put him on IR and clear a roster space for someone else {Gadsden?}). I suppose I like him because all he did during preseason games was make plays. Granted it was against 2nd and 3rd string preseason competition, but he still made it happen. I also enjoyed reading his rookie diary on the team's website last year. He seemed really humble and very family oriented, especially towards his little brother. The kid earned my respect and I hope he earns a legitimate shot at some playing time this year. I guess I now know why I like him; why do all of you?

Yea bro, I think he's a good player but as being an spectacular player in the pro's then he would have to show the coaching staff this summer than he can make things work.

He was a very productive receiver in college who didn't get a whole lot of PT last year because of the numbers game at the position. (Too many overrated, unproductive veterans.) I want to see what he can do in a more prominent role.

Three things: Production, production and production.

In college all he did was get open, catch footballs and move the chains. There's hope and anticipation that he might prove able to do this in the pros. It's a formula for popularity on a team that misses OJ McDuffie and goes three and out too much.

People like him because of everything he has done on the field for the Fins. :goof:

Honestly, people like him because he has potential. His physical traits aren't great but he was extremely productive in college and hasn't been bad in training/mini camps from what I've heard.

I think people like him because everyone wanted and was hungry for a WR last year in the draft and he happened to be the only WR drafted, and although it was in the 4th or 5th round , i think everyone was pulling for him....but in reality from what ive seen, he hasnt done a damn thang!

I really want to see the Dolphins do what the Heat did and make this a young, productive team and incorporating JR Tolver to that makes sense. I think he can be this team's DeWayne Wade if given the chance.

Again as has been mentioned, production in college and, I think, a little rooting for the underdog. We all love to see a low draft pick or an undrafted free agent come up big and make the team. Besides we need a possesion receiver and Tolver has the gifts. Hope springs eternal especially in the spring!

I think people like him because #1) he was highly productive in college #2) he wowed a lot of people in camps with his one-handed catches and such.

But Wade did it against top competition and was the #4 overall pick. Tolver's numbers were inflated by SDSU's pass-happy offense and was a 6th round selection. Tough comparison for Tolver.

Muck said:
I think people like him because #1) he was highly productive in college #2) he wowed a lot of people in camps with his one-handed catches and such.

But Wade did it against top competition and was the #4 overall pick. Tolver's numbers were inflated by SDSU's pass-happy offense and was a 6th round selection. Tough comparison for Tolver.

Ya know what I meant Muck :goof:

Levi said:
if hes so good then why didnt he play last year?

Because..

DolfanDaveInATX said:
He was a very productive receiver in college who didn't get a whole lot of PT last year because of the numbers game at the position. (Too many overrated, unproductive veterans.) I want to see what he can do in a more prominent role.

Maggot Brain said:
..was in desperate need of a new #2/#3 receiver option midseason last year prior to his knee injury (which I personally think was a crock--more likely a non-essential surgery the team strongly recommended he have to correct a pre-existing condition so they could put him on IR and clear a roster space for someone else {Gadsden?}).

Back
Top Bottom