Why do people on this board like JR Tolver so much? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do people on this board like JR Tolver so much?

DolfanDaveInATX said:
He was a very productive receiver in college who didn't get a whole lot of PT last year because of the numbers game at the position. (Too many overrated, unproductive veterans.) I want to see what he can do in a more prominent role.
He didnt play last year because he was hurt.

I saw him in Training Camp last year, catch a ball while falling out of bounds, and still managed to get his toes in. Oh by the way that catch was made on Surtain!! He will be good if given the chance. I like him as our third reciever
this year. Id rather have him before Thompson.

Yea, I'd definately like to see what hes capable of doing....and its not like any of the other guys we've tried (DT, McKnight, Simmons, etc.) really lit things up out there.

fantasticfins said:
He didnt play last year because he was hurt.

I saw him in Training Camp last year, catch a ball while falling out of bounds, and still managed to get his toes in. Oh by the way that catch was made on Surtain!! He will be good if given the chance. I like him as our third reciever
this year. Id rather have him before Thompson.

you saw him make one nice catch and you're automatically sold that he is something great? comon...

i just dont really see anything too much coming out of this kid, and even if he does have the abilities, i really dont see him being able to shine in miami with us having our #1 and #2 recievers set...

if he steps up, he could be a perfect fit for the #3 spot. cc and boston are two speed guys and will stretch the field, the o needs somebody who is gonna catch the ball underneath and over the middle and take hits and whatnot, and tolver could be that guy. plus i'm his hypeman, so i have to hype for the sake of hyping

I think he's going to be a great player, if not here somewhere else. His body control and his ability to make people miss after the catch remind me alot of Mark Clayton.

Why hasn't he broken into the starting lineup? I'm not convinced our coaches have figured out the offensive side of the ball yet.

Phishstix said:
if he steps up, he could be a perfect fit for the #3 spot. cc and boston are two speed guys and will stretch the field, the o needs somebody who is gonna catch the ball underneath and over the middle and take hits and whatnot, and tolver could be that guy. plus i'm his hypeman, so i have to hype for the sake of hyping
This thread was taylor-made for you, bro. :up:

I agree with Muck's assessment of the reasons for Tolver's popularity. Personnally, I like Tolver b/c of how he plays the wr position. It's my old position and I appreciate guys who understand the nuances of the position. He has great body control, sets up the DB, etc. He reminds me of a poor man's Mcduffie. That's why I like him.

Back
Top Bottom