Why does everyone **** on Wanny? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does everyone **** on Wanny?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
To be honest, I was one of the people that wanted Wanny back. I think he's great at coaching D but tends to micromanage instead of letting his assistant coaches do what they were hired to do. Everybody loved JJ and he didn't have near as much success as Wanny has. Wanny is horrible with the media and even sounds dumb and looks dumb with that moustache. I think he's very knowledgable though. But the most ironic thing is that while so many dolphin fans want to give Wanny the ax, Cowher who hasn't made the playoffs in 4 out of the last 5 years just got an extension.

Do the players respect him and actually listen to him? Someone posted a quote from Skolnik's article yesterday that said Ricky Williams thought Wannsuck was a joke.

When the players lose your respect, and tune you out there is no chance to do anything wth that. While Wannsuck may have a great overal record as a coach he never won anything beyond a playoff game. The Dolphins have regressed every year under his leadership.

When players start calling the head coach a "joke" then it's time to find someone who can light a fire under the team. Right now that isn't happening.

Maybe it has something to do with being up 21-20 with 10 minutes to go in a game and trying to run the clock out, rather then being aggressive and trying to put a team away. :roll:

Outside of the victory at Dallas every Dolphins game last year was a very close score. What does that tell you?

Wanny mismanaged Williams last year and contributed to Ricky quitting. Ricky said as much himself.He may not deserve all the criticism he gets, but he does deserve his share. That was a bad move not spotting Williams with Minor as he did the year before. He can be very shortsighted at times.

Some people say they have no respect for Wanny but that's not what I saw in the postgame locker room meeting after the cowboy game. Also, that article is speculation. Some people don't respect Parcells but that doesn't mean he's a bad coach.

Back
Top Bottom