Why is Damon doing well? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Damon doing well?

Prakk

We're the Fanchise
Reaction score
Another QB we threw away. Damon Huard, of the Kansas City Chiefs, 96.7 rating. Maybe we just don't know how to coach them.

Maybe it's the coaching.

It still says that some teams know how to light up a quarterback. Damon Huard is a 10 year NFL vet and a Miami Dolphin cast off. Apparently if we had the right coaching, we could have kept him and put him in after Marino retired and done pretty well. With the right system. Clearly we don't have that.

i would say he's in a pretty decent situation with that o-line, LJ and Gonzo..... I'm pretty sure he had a horrible game last week tho... I always considered him a solid backup it's nice to see he's having success.

It's still the coaching.

So, it's the O-line, KC always seems to have a good O-line.

I'm not going to pretend that Huard would have been a great or even very good QB for us but I wish we had played him over Fielder the year that Marino retired. He might have been solid. He was solid when MArino got hurt.

Yup.

dlockz said:
"I wish we had played him over Fielder the year that Marino retired. He might have been solid. He was solid when MArino got hurt."
I like Fiedler, but I'm with you. He got the stuffing sacked out of him by the Colts, but didn't turn the ball over, and he won the game.

Kansas City has weapons. He isnt doing anything overly thrilling like Manning did this week. He's just a caretaker.

we had a guy like that not too long ago. remember?

Huard>Fiedler. Its funny because Huard plays tough, makes very few mistakes and can make all the throws u need. Hes not spectacular and wont bring you back from 21 down. Funny because thats exactly what Dave Wannestadt wanted and exactly what Fiedler never was.

Still, why does he do well?

Would Huard have been better than Fiedler in Miami, I dunno. The point is that we don't seem to be able to solve the quarterback riddle.

Agreed.

Considering the coaching staff, yes, I think Jay did. Jay was a coach on the field, people forget that.

Damon is doing well simply because we let him go and we have horrible luck!!!

Damon Huard has been around a while and has seen pretty much every thing a QB can see in practice, film study, some game action, and watching from the sidelines. I'm not surprised at all that he's doing so well. He's got some tools. He's in a QB friendly offense and has a very good running back behind him - not to mention a great line. Everything is there for him to succeed. I hate to see the guy get sat back down for Trent Green. I think Huard did a better job than Green will when he gets back.

Still out there....

Great, but the dangling question is, why haven't we been able to produce an offense friendly to QB's?

Back
Top Bottom