why is everyone overlooking brees shoulder? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is everyone overlooking brees shoulder?

its a good thing im not a pitcher or my career would have been over years ago, im just getting around to having my shoulder looked at now, thats some scary stuff

DaBills4life said:
They are overlooking Brees' shoulder because they keep ignoring this artilce. I would ignore it also if I really really wanted my team to give Drew Brees a $15-20 million bonus to sign his name on a paper before he can pass a physical.

"Two separate injuries occur to the shoulder area – a torn labrum and a torn rotator cuff. Tears in the labrum are much more serious than rotator cuff tears, due to the nature of the anatomical parts themselves. "

"When the muscles tear in the rotator cuff, typically in the supraspinatus, the area needs to be surgically repaired. The same is true in the case of a torn labrum, but two crucial factors make the labrum injury a career-threatening endeavor, while those who have undergone rotator cuff surgery have a much greater track record of recovery and post-operative success. "

"Why is the rotator cuff much more likely to heal properly than the labrum?

Muscles can be strengthened, even beyond their original levels, both surgically and naturally with proper rehabilitation and rest. The labrum is not made up of muscles, and the collagens that make up the labrum are unable to be strengthened, surgically, nor naturally. The only hope is that the natural healing process is effective enough and fast enough for the pitcher to return to action within two or three calendar years. The surgery cleans the labrum and reattaches the torn areas to their opposing connection. "

"The labrum provides the shoulder with shock absorption and is an important part of its overall connective structure. When it tears, the strength in the shoulder is reduced greatly, "

http://mariners.scout.com/2/422181.html

good stuff

DaBills4life said:
They are overlooking Brees' shoulder because they keep ignoring this artilce. I would ignore it also if I really really wanted my team to give Drew Brees a $15-20 million bonus to sign his name on a paper before he can pass a physical.

"Two separate injuries occur to the shoulder area – a torn labrum and a torn rotator cuff. Tears in the labrum are much more serious than rotator cuff tears, due to the nature of the anatomical parts themselves. "

"When the muscles tear in the rotator cuff, typically in the supraspinatus, the area needs to be surgically repaired. The same is true in the case of a torn labrum, but two crucial factors make the labrum injury a career-threatening endeavor, while those who have undergone rotator cuff surgery have a much greater track record of recovery and post-operative success. "

"Why is the rotator cuff much more likely to heal properly than the labrum?

Muscles can be strengthened, even beyond their original levels, both surgically and naturally with proper rehabilitation and rest. The labrum is not made up of muscles, and the collagens that make up the labrum are unable to be strengthened, surgically, nor naturally. The only hope is that the natural healing process is effective enough and fast enough for the pitcher to return to action within two or three calendar years. The surgery cleans the labrum and reattaches the torn areas to their opposing connection. "

"The labrum provides the shoulder with shock absorption and is an important part of its overall connective structure. When it tears, the strength in the shoulder is reduced greatly, "

http://mariners.scout.com/2/422181.html

That is COMPLETELY contradictory to the article that Dolphins SR66 just posted.

However, a vast majority of patients have full function of the shoulder after labrum repair, and most patients can return to their previous level of sports with no or few restrictions.
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/orthopedicsurgery/labrumtear.html

Also, did you see this post by boltz fan?

for whatever it's worth, brees said on the radio in san diego today:

doing pushups

swinging a golf club

throwing a ball repeatedly

Sounds to me like you just don't WANT Drew Brees to be a Dolphin.

I'd be more worried about TKO's achilles heel than Drew Brees's shoulder if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom